i went to a shop saturday and was gonna buy a line 6 spider to play with the presets but the guy talked me into a buying a jm4 looper since it had the same effects plus some extra abilities and i could just plug it into my current tube amp. i really like it and having all those multiple effects in one box is really cool.

it lacks anything that sounds similar (to me) to santana or early van halen. i've been googling a bit today but haven't been able to find what i'm looking for. any of you guys know of any all in one effects gizmo's similar to what i have that would have some of those tone options? my jm4 is cool but it lacks the ability to download/import custom made tones from the line6 website.

heck i could probably set my own preset on that jm4 if it has all the options i need but i dont know what all he used. looking to half ass emulate the eruption and mean street tones.
wellllll i'm just looking for a cheap all in one solution to play around with for now. if i can do well enough with that then i'd be willing to invest some cash into the "real" stuff
I have the Behringer V-Amp Pro & FCB1010 rack kit/floorboard.

Best gear I've used in rack form.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
You don't know what good rack gear is then Kingyem...
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
any pod users that can give me some feedback? i'm wondering if i'd be better off trading this back in on a pod since it has the ability to download tones from the line 6's library and from shared user created tones.
Quote by Bostonrocks
You don't know what good rack gear is then Kingyem...

I own plenty Mesa, Saansamp, Marshall, Boss, Line6.

I know, played & owned some great gear, my V-Amp never let me down. The rest have.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Well Than you are IRRESPONSIBLE!

idc, your personal choice.

Ts- If you really want to do that whole "exact tone thing" I would recommend a pod or a tc electronics g-major and a cheap power amp. I believe the peavey classic rack power amps go for pretty cheap.