I've been looking at multi-effects and the Korg AX3000G has been told to me and recommended, my budget is around £130 ($213) but i could probably go a little over, but I don't want to spend much but want alot of effects - quality does not matter, this is my first pedal and I wanted to see what I could get, is there anything better than this pedal for this money?
- I play Hard Rock maybe the tiniest bit of punk and sometimes heavy metal (not death metal)

I'll give more info if needed
I have the Korg AX1500G and play rock and sometimes some metal.

I can really recommend the 3000G, it`s probably just a bit better then the 1500G, not a whole pedal. The pitch-shifter and wah aren`t that good and the wah could be better.
But 2 types of chorus, 2 types of phaser. Alot of reverb and delay options. Also a phrase trainer option so you can play or plractice over yourself or a song (you can put an mp3-player in it with the right cable)
And it has a build-in tuner and a metronome, it`s not that important but it`s nice.
I ordered the zoom g7.1ut yesterday but it was £200
For that price, try looking at the boss me-50
I have one and it would be perfect for what your looking for. I did a lot of research and found it to be the best deal. If you want something with a drum machine looper thing for practicing theres a couple of other ones out there for a little more money but all the ones i ever saw werent as functional with the FX abilities as the AX3000G. The only thing that i dont like about it is that most of the distortions are bad because they "dont get along" with distinctively voiced guitar amps but several of the models are very nice through headphones or a direct out into a PA or home stereo receiver. Theres a million things you can do with it and its a great first pedal for figuring out FX and what you can do with them in your playing.
I've looked at the Boss, it doesn't seem to be much for your money and to maximuse, i'll probably never use pitch shifter, although could you tell when you do use it, and I won't use the wah much, but I'll look at the G7.

Quote by MichaelOfCanton
I have one and it would be perfect for what your looking for. I did a lot of research and found it to be the best deal. If you want something with a drum machine looper thing for practicing theres a couple of other ones out there for a little more money but all the ones i ever saw werent as functional with the FX abilities as the AX3000G. The only thing that i dont like about it is that most of the distortions are bad because they "dont get along" with distinctively voiced guitar amps but several of the models are very nice through headphones or a direct out into a PA or home stereo receiver. Theres a million things you can do with it and its a great first pedal for figuring out FX and what you can do with them in your playing.

Didn't quite get that about the distortion, could you (or someone) explain it? but I'm thinking of a boss rc-2 when I get compact pedals (but not now )
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Dec 15, 2008,
Quote by TheSecondRaid
I ordered the zoom g7.1ut yesterday but it was £200
For that price, try looking at the boss me-50

i have the me-50 boss pedal and i love it. tons of distortion/over drives. bunch of chorus, phaser, flanger, type effects, then great delay, upto 2000ms. has sustain/compression, 6 foot pedal effects, 4 reverbs, 8 or so amp models. memory and 3 button(with 10 banks, so 10x3=30 memories) midi type interface for programed effects. im actually spending today programing all my effects into the pedal since i just found out yesterday how to actually use it.

and my favorite part of it all... its not a digital interface. its almost all knobs making remembering settings, and setting them a ton easier and faster.

lemmi add, the me-50 has alot of the boss distortions as their selectable distortions, then also have fuzz, stack, high gain, metal, and a few more.

its pricey, but i dont regret my choice at all getting it over any other multi-pedal in that price range.
Last edited by chris024 at Dec 15, 2008,