How reliable are they? I'm thinking of canceling my order with thomann for a peavey classic 30 as it has been delayed to mid January. Anybody know what their shipping costs are like? I can't find the info on the website.
a lot of stuff has free shipping, and next day delivery.
I ordered my Christmas prezzie from them on sunday!
Their rates are good, but their customer service is awful and they have a habit of sending broken & wrong items then putting their fingers in their ears and going LALALALALALA when you want to return it for the thing you actually ordered.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
They're very good. Peavey on the other hand, they take a long time to despatch their goods/
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
They're great. I ordered my guitar, amp and effects pedal from them and it all arrived on time. Free delivery sometimes too to sweeten the deal.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
theyre ok

you'll be allrigt with something popular like a C30, but less mainstream products are often out of stock and they dont tell you til you've payed
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by MrFlibble
Their rates are good, but their customer service is awful and they have a habit of sending broken & wrong items then putting their fingers in their ears and going LALALALALALA when you want to return it for the thing you actually ordered.

To an extent maybe - when I got my RR3 it was completely out of tune and the electronics were dirty, but its nothing that can't be sorted out.
I would ring them to see if they have it in stock.

if they do then there good.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by postmortem2006
To an extent maybe - when I got my RR3 it was completely out of tune and the electronics were dirty, but its nothing that can't be sorted out.

Quite honestly you would expect it to be out of tune after being shipped, especially if it hasn't been played in since being strung.

Honestly, GAK should be Ok for amps but I wouldn't buy a guitar without playing it, if you want a classic 30 you should buy one in a store though because an awful lot of stores stock them.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
theyre ok

you'll be allrigt with something popular like a C30, but less mainstream products are often out of stock and they dont tell you til you've payed

This thread reminded me to check the order tracking, and it now says that the zoom is 'on order' and 'will not be available to the above date.'

But there is no above date!!!!!!

SOME have had very bad service with them. I, however have always had excellent service with them.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
well i ordered a peavey VK112 on thursday, this thread reminded me to look at my order tracking, and for some reason my order has been cancelled but what do you know, they havent given me my money back...
have rung their phone number about 15 times now and have got no answer, always busy.
WTF?
EDIT: before you guys get all smartass and say theres no one there at this hour, the email i got says the guys contact hours are 3pm - 9pm mon-fri and i got no answer im gonna ring tomorrow at about 4:30pm and see what happens
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Last edited by munkymanmatt at Dec 15, 2008,
Quote by Yngwi3
SOME have had very bad service with them. I, however have always had excellent service with them.

I've had both.

Ordered a hardcase, came in 2 days. Sorted.
Ordered a Bad Horsie 2 and head/cab cable, came within the week. Sorted.

Ordered a Marshall cab along with the pedal, dispatch date came and went, then came and went for the next 4 weeks. Checked my bank and they hadn't charged me for it. Still no sign of it not being in stock, so I just cancelled it and bought the same cab off eBay for 100 bones cheaper.

After a month of waiting I shouldn't need to chase them up about whether they have an item in stock.
Quote by MrFlibble

this. or just not sending it at all.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by slashrock94
Quite honestly you would expect it to be out of tune after being shipped, especially if it hasn't been played in since being strung.

Honestly, GAK should be Ok for amps but I wouldn't buy a guitar without playing it, if you want a classic 30 you should buy one in a store though because an awful lot of stores stock them.

Ye but they're really expensive here in Ireland. It's much cheaper ordering online.

So should I be safe enough ordering from them? I'd want the amp within 3 weeks really.
GAK are great, they accidently sent me 2 guitars once
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by Black__Dog
Ye but they're really expensive here in Ireland. It's much cheaper ordering online.

So should I be safe enough ordering from them? I'd want the amp within 3 weeks really.

shipping was reasonable enough, however i havent actually got it yet, and it doesn't look like i'm going to anytime soon either, so i cant really comment. they do seem to be quite cheap, but this situation has aroused my suspicions...
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Quote by xander307
GAK are great, they accidently sent me 2 guitars once

really?

All my experience with GAK has been wonderful, quick shipping and came within the week. GAK gets mixed reports, it's just luck of the draw really.
Quote by thellamaking
really?

Only a Squier im afraid
My Gear

Quote by xander307
Only a Squier im afraid

Did you keep it or did you have to send it back?
^ I sold it on the same day lol
My Gear

i use gak nearly all the time, they have most items and there is only a small bit to fill in before your order is confirmed