my 57 reissue american strat lacks volume. i just can't get it as loud as other guitars with the same amps. why is this?
crap pickups probably
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by jordanzio
crap pickups probably

It's a 57 reissue american strat, and therefore has low output, vintage reissue pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the pickups have amazing tone so they aren't crap. do vintage reissue pickups usually lack volume? will this be a problem if i ever gig at a large building.
could be too far away from the strings

don't quote me i have no experience with singlecoils
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
buy a boost pedal, as we have already stated before, its a vintage guitar its going to have low output.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
The pickups are lower output than most, as was already said.
They aren't going to put out as much volume as most modern pickups, because back in the 50's and 60's, pickups were lower output.
Basically, those vintage pickups wouldn't sound as vintage were they as loud and high-output as modern pickups.
Hopefully that makes sense.

It shouldn't be an issue when playing gigs unless you have an amp that is barely loud enough with another guitar.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by madshatter
my 57 reissue american strat lacks volume. i just can't get it as loud as other guitars with the same amps. why is this?

Try raising your pickups. If that does not fix the problem, the pickups are meant to be a low output design.
As already stated, they are lower output. There's a way to compensate for this though, if you look at your amp, there's probably a knob labeled "volume". Turn it up.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
I wouldn't ignore people saying low output, they are meant to be that way. Moving them closer to the strings isn't going to make them louder just change tones so I wouldn't really mess with them unless you want to experiment with the tone coming out of the guitar.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by steven seagull

It's a 57 reissue american strat, and therefore has low output, vintage reissue pickups.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just turn the volume up on your amp. I notice I have to do this whenever I play a single-coil'd guitar anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Their not crap pickups, they just have low output, like most vintage axes did.
Just get a OD pedal, turn off the gain, and increase the level and it should solve your problem.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.