Hey guys,

I was wondering what the word is to indicate an instrument to come in like in the second bar, and its not ostinato... its another word that i cant think of
Quote by tlarson1
Hey guys,

I was wondering what the word is to indicate an instrument to come in like in the second bar, and its not ostinato... its another word that i cant think of

IF u have separate sheet music per instrument, you will have the first bar with a rest, with the number of measures written above it that it not plays. If this is alot of measures, then there's usually another bar after that with the notes of another (most likely the lead) instrument in case u forgot the count.

Ostinato is just a form of a musical idea. In this case a (Repeating)bass motif.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by tlarson1
Are you referring to tacet?
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Tacet doesn't describe when an instrument comes in. It just refers to an instrument being silent.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.