Page 1 of 2
Have you ever heard a song that really affected you in a special, meditative way? If so, what songs or artists tend to do that for you? For me it tends to be mainly instrumental artists, such as Ryan Farish, Craig Chaquico, and some Steve Vai.
Pink floyd, Steve Vai and some satch
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
godspeed you black emperor
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Gataka- Dreaming Mode.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
institutionalized - suicidal tendencies
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Oh, and I forgot "The Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen. Such a haunting song..
Kudos for liking Echo.

The Smiths have a lot of soothing songs.

Check out Clann Zu, they have some amazingly beautiful slow songs.

One time I had a hour acupuncture treatment, listened to "All I Need" by Radiohead on repeat, then came home to get a wii for my birthday.

One of the most intense/blissful experiences of my life.
Strangely enough I have a playlist of medatating songs. Most of them are Nyabinghi chants with some traditional indian, japanese and chinese music as well.

High up on my list is Rastaman Chant by Bob Marley and the Wailers. Some Irie vibes there.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
^^^ you listen to nyabinghi music too?!? i think i love you...

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
The Eyes of Truth by Enigma.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Buckethead - Electric Tears
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
The Eyes of Truth by Enigma.

im listening to that right now......
where are you hiding? lol

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by kaybee

im listening to that right now......
where are you hiding? lol

In your pants,babe.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb

.................um.

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by kaybee

.................um.

I kid,i kid.

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by kaybee

.................um.

that's what happens when you put that you're a girl on an internet forum. Guys try to e-flirt.
Quote by Spamwise
that's what happens when you put that you're a girl on an internet forum. Guys try to e-flirt.

Hey babe.

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Spamwise
You looking for a good time?

Score!!

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Tool. Especially Lateralus (song and album, especially the album in fibonacci sequence).
Spiral Out
Quote by Spamwise

oh, its just i was tired of people mistakeing me for a guy in the pit.
e-flirting is a no-no. sorry guys.

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by kaybee
^^^ you listen to nyabinghi music too?!? i think i love you...

Aye I play Nyabinghi drums and chant too.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Satch..
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
Quote by IDread
Aye I play Nyabinghi drums and chant too.

what drums do you play?
i play djembe:]
i have quite a beautiful one a friend of mine custom made for me.
the head is busted on mine at the moment

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by kaybee
what drums do you play?
i play djembe:]
i have quite a beautiful one a friend of mine custom made for me.
the head is busted on mine at the moment

I have an akette drum and a funde.
You chant too?
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
I have an akette drum and a funde.
You chant too?

not really, i play with a bunch of people and a few of them chant while we play.
i grew up in a pagan community and drumming was a very big part in that, though i am not pagan or religious, im very spiritual.

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by kaybee
not really, i play with a bunch of people and a few of them chant while we play.
i grew up in a pagan community and drumming was a very big part in that, though i am not pagan or religious, im very spiritual.

Strange that its nyabinghi drumming. I've never seen anyone with a binghi drum who wasn't Rasta.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
Strange that its nyabinghi drumming. I've never seen anyone with a binghi drum who wasn't Rasta.

well in the community i was raised in it wasnt JUST pagans, there where alot of rastafarians, santerians, and new age groups. i livein florida in the U.S. and in certain place here drumming is a really big thing.

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by reedplaysgeetar
godspeed you black emperor

This

But there is other Post Rock that is more meditative

Album Leaf
God Is An Astronaut
Eluvium
Boards of Canada
Yndi Halda
Red Sparowes
Ect.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by kaybee
well in the community i was raised in it wasnt JUST pagans, there where alot of rastafarians, santerians, and new age groups. i livein florida in the U.S. and in certain place here drumming is a really big thing.

Sounds like a lot of fun.
Unfortunately there isn't much of a niche in Cambridge for nyabinghi drumming except during Rasta religious festivals and once a year at this big free music festival called Stawberry Fair.

Although I do find something strange. Many of my fellow Rastas don't really approve of women playing the binghi drums. I have no problem with it but I was wondering if you had come across it at all?
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Page 1 of 2