Okay so in my shop class i will be making a new amp enclosure to hold the chassis for my vk112, and turn it into a head.

I was going to use 3/4 inch poplar, but it would cost me money, money that i don't have. So, my shop teacher said i could use chipboard for free. But a couple things, it's only 3/8 of an inch thick, and i don't know if it would be able to support the weight of the chassis by itself.

So my question is will this work? Or should i just save up and buy poplar?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

the only plywood at my school (that i would have to pay for) is this expensive crap, hardened ply or something. So does home depot have cheap plywood?

yeah, you won't need much, probably half a sheet if you can cut it correctly. just make sure it's finishing grade, otherwise it'll look like crap. are you gonna tolex it?
------

Shwiggity.
yes i will tolex it

LP- Is birch ply cheap? i need about a 7x1 foot board

Im not gonna build a speaker cab haha, but 15 bucks isnt to bad, what are the dimensions of a half sheet?

Sorry for all the questions.

Quote by gtr_101
Im not gonna build a speaker cab haha, but 15 bucks isnt to bad, what are the dimensions of a half sheet?

Sorry for all the questions.

Sheets of most building materials, are 8x4 feet. So that would be 4ft square me old chumly.