My grandma chipped in some extra moolah. So now I have $900 to get a guitar on. My best guitar right now is an ESP Alexi Laiho 200 Sig. I like Metallica, Children of Bodom, and The Devil Wears Prada. I play metal and hard rock, but need a fixed bridge guitar. [NO FLOYD ROSE] Any specific ideas?
Last edited by paintballcrazy7 at Dec 15, 2008,
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
schecter has some really nice guitars for around 900, as a bonus prada is endorsed by them.
schecterrrrrrrrrr.

hellraiser

Quote by smithH
schecter has some really nice guitars for around 900, as a bonus prada is endorsed by them.

No.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

jackson warrior mg series, or a bc rich stealth or wartribe, be sure to install some nice emg's or duncans, and if you really want some high output go for a dimarzio x2n
Hellraiser seems like what you need
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
It seems like you've got a bunch of guitars. Why don't you spend the $900 on Christmas presents?

Specifically, presents for your granny.
Jackson!! SLSMG!!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
go for a Schecter C-1 Classic
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
Quote by smithH

if i hadnt played schecter before that statement would make me not want to ever play a schecter.

but i have and i know Schecters ****in kick ass

to TS

ESP LTD MH1000NT deluxe

or

Schecter Blackjack ATX

I know from firsthand experience the ATX is a ridiculously smooth guitar, but the LTD has some good specs too
I would say a used ESP Eclipse or an LTD EC-1000.

Very very good guitars for the money.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Quote by IPlaySchecter
schecter!

+1

ATX BlackJack C-1.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by smithH

PRADA? you mean the fashion line for women?
Quote by smithH

what kinda bonus is that?

i would look into schecter as well.

what are you really looking for? looks like you have a few epis, and a V. why not a LP shape? maybe a Super Strat shape..unless your into all things crazy bodywise (but that couldnt be true you have sg's)

what are you going to use it for?

900 bucks can get you alot, but if your spending money just to spend it whats the point?

maybe sell one or two of your guitars and getting something in the $1500 range? at least then you wont have 5 guitars layin around that your unlikely to use more then a handful of times a year...

unless your gigging damn near everyday..
Quote by smithH

does he seriously mean prada like the clothing line or shoes?
Quote by jymellis
does he seriously mean prada like the clothing line or shoes?

I'm gonna go out on a limb... The Devil Wears Prada? If you don't know, google... NOA!
Ibanez STM1
Ibanez Iceman
Digitech Artist Series Dan Donegan 'The Weapon'
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider 3 30 Watt Modeling Amp
Quote by Foxy Roxy
If you don't know, google... NOA!

No. Save yourself from the pain.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Foxy Roxy
I'm gonna go out on a limb... The Devil Wears Prada? If you don't know, google... NOA!

the movie starring Anne Hathaway?
If I were you, I would buy a nice tube amplifier instead of a 4th guitar. I don't think you need that many guitars.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Quote by Foxy Roxy

are you serious? those guys are douches. they are from about 20 miles away from me. my buddies band used to play shows with them in middletown ohio. and just so every one knows they stole 90% of their music from my buddies band. look up "a night to dismember".
Quote by Rockdude10
the movie starring Anne Hathaway?

was based on a book, im guessing this band named themselves after the book and movie.

they're a decent band, they're okay I can tolerate them but im not a big fan.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^