What exactly goes down when an amp is serviced? I'm wondering because I'm going to buy a used hughes and kettner triamp mki and the guy bought it used 2 years ago and has pretty much just let it sit around.
I'm not an amp tech.

If it is only 2 years old, I doubt you will need to worry about too much. Tubes are probably fine as well. If the amp was older or had more use it would be worth a thorough investigation.

I guess at a minimum they would check the values with a bias probe, look at the output transformer and it's connections, replace tubes if necessary blah bla blah bump.
I think it's a fancy word for replacing the tubes to be honest. An amp that's only ten years old shouldn't need more than a new set of tubes and be on it's way.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I think it's a fancy word for replacing the tubes to be honest. An amp that's only ten years old shouldn't need more than a new set of tubes and be on it's way.

Maybe a little air-can-dusting to get all those skin particles off the internals... and maybe a visual check for any loose wires is what I could conceivably see.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Maybe a little air-can-dusting to get all those skin particles off the internals... and maybe a visual check for any loose wires is what I could conceivably see.

Like I said, a little snake oil and some new tubes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not