From all the help I've been getting from this forum, I am back for some more opinions.

I'm debating between one of three pedals that are very different from each other. I'm thinking of either a Route 66 (compression on one side, and Overdrive on the other); a Jekyll & Hyde (Distortion and Overdrive), or a MXR Carbon Copy for a delay. I'm thinking the Route 66 maybe down on my list, so the leading two might be the J&H (for a little extra distortion boost I would not get from the Boss DS1) or the Carbon Copy.

I was not really sold on a delay at first, because I could not see a use for it, but from what I am understanding (if I am right) is that it is used as a subtle effect to give a little more sound or body?- in that case, I could see it being used often.

Thanks for any info, it is greatly appreciated.
Gear-
MIM Strat Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Fender Champion 600 amp
Seagull Coastline S6 GT
A lot of people use delay to add ambiance to their tone and make it sound a little more spacious. The Carbon Copy is great at this because it's analog. It won't let you get really trippy delay effects like most digital delays, but it will make your tone a little bigger. Given that you already have a distortion pedal, that's the route I would go.
I would definately go with the Jekyll and Hyde, great overdrive pedal. IMO the DS-1 doesn't sound good through most tube amps. The Jekyll and Hyde is great for subtle or in your face distortion. I usually set the Jekyll side for more rhythm work and the hyde side for leads. Works great. The Route 66 the compressor was pretty unusable in my setup, it added a lot of extra noise. All in all the Visual Sound pedals are very good though. Another one to look at is the H20 if you are interested in delay and chorus, great pedal, very organic sounding.
the main thing I was wondering about is if there would be a difference in sound of the J&H distortion compared to the DS-1..I liked the DS-1 at first, but now, something about it just sounds a little off so-to-say..even after playing around with some of the settings.
Gear-
MIM Strat Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Fender Champion 600 amp
Seagull Coastline S6 GT
Yeah you will notice a huge difference with the Jekyll and Hyde vs the DS-1. The Jekyll sounds much more natural, as it should being OD instead of distortion. The Jekyll and Hyde will excel with a tube amp.
Jekyl and Hyde for sure.

I tried one out the other time.

Kinda wanted to take my CM-2 back for it, but i decided not to.

The OD side is awesome, the DS side just makes it better.

The Jekyl and Hyde is definately more dynamic cause its got the two pedals in one that you can turn on and off at will.

Unlike the CM-2 where your ganna have to stop for, 1 second or two tops to bring the gain up or flick the switch.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Dec 15, 2008,