View poll results: Which do you think?
sg
6 33%
ibanez
12 67%
bc rich
0 0%
Voters: 18.
well you can get around 30% off on almost anything from guitar center, i would probably go with a js series jackson soloist or warrior, or a lower line ibanez, you might be able to get a ok telecaster for that price
im a beginner and my guitar is a newbie learning guitar (forget what its called) i like to play any kind of music really but i mostly play punk and rock
oh and i like bands like linkin park and billy talent i like to play the kind of music the most
lol my amp is pitiful.. spent my little money on my guitar so had to settle for a dinky 12w washburn
look into Schecter, ESP, and Ibanez.

They all have some of the best gats in that price range.
Oh and by the way this is gonna be a christmas present idea thats why it has the price cap
For a guitar, I'd say B.C. Rich std. Warbeast. The retail is $640, but I got mine for $275 ( ) on Ebay. Great guitar, great sound and got everyone's attention at my school-rock-band's last concert. As for an amp, I'd go with a Micro Cube (old model). The retail price is around $150, but I got mine for $100 on Ebay. Again, great sound, effects and impressed all my friends.
Epiphone Sg G-400 or hss strat. Both retail for around $400, but you can pick um up used for just under $300.
I started out one a peavey raptor. theyre pretty nice but unfortinately discontinued. id say check out some of the squier packages with a guitar and amp if u need both

This is $200
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Stop-Dreaming-SE-Special-Pack-With-Squier-SP10-Amp?sku=513287

thats case, strap, case, guitar and amp. pretty good deal.

or this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/LSP-LTD-M10-Guitar-Pack?sku=521005

i love ESPs.
go to guitarcenter/whatever store and play all the guitars in your price range.

done.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
already done the guitar center thing...

I'm looking for an ibanez,sg,maybe a bc rich (if i can find a cheap one)
It depends on what you play.

If you play a lot of metal Ibanez would be a better, but the SG would be better for you if you play rock, punk, or pretty much anything.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Extreme diffrence, especially compared to the sg-310, gibson is made out of higher quality wood, parts, and finish, but i have an epi. les paul studio and i put gibson pickups in it and i compared it to a $2000 gibson lp at guitar center and there was no diffrence in the sound what so ever. The sg-310 which is the white one u said u liked sould have some decent pickups in them, not great but good for rock, punk rock, and you can always later get better pickups when you get more experienced maybe 6 months to a year. I'd say if you like the way it looks go for it b/c in your price range the pickups are pretty much the same on epiphones and other brands arent going to be much better.
Quote by xxPHENOMxx
so now it comes down to sg or and ibanez... know alot about them?

SG.
Better quality, better pickups, better tone.
Kramer striker ftw
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I'd pick a Squier Telecaster... At that price range you have a 95% crap-chance, but it's just something to start out with, that looks cute I just love them.

Otherwise I'd go for an Ibanez, really "easy" fretboards. But it comes down to your ears to choose one.
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Quote by xxPHENOMxx
I dont mind the amp i just want a good quality guitar

are you sure?

honestly learning on the electric is too easy...

Quote by Mullet Machine
i say grab a $200 guitar,maybe check out a Ibanez GAX70(my 1st guitar) and spend rest on a amp.

o, god, no.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard