Basically, my band is going to be putting out our second 5 track EP in the spring. Cause we're using friends and university students for the recording, costs should be fairly low, for a well mixed, well recorded set of tracks, we're looking at around £200 for recording.

We'd probably sell around 100-150 copies, maybe more.

Now we could either produce them as CD's and for a cost of around £150 for 200 to get them all wrapped and jewel cased etc. And sell the CD's for £3.50, £4.

Alternatively, we could distribute online, $35 would get our song's onto iTunes, Amazon, Rapsody etc (from Reverb Nation Digital Distribution), this would allow us to forget CD costs and each EP would be sold for about £4.30ish ($5 on iTunes US). We would only keep around £2.50 of this however.

Do you think it's worth going all digital or all on physical formats? Baring in mind not all people can download etc, is there a workable, affordable middle way (CDs and online)
And can anyone recommend a digital distribution firm in the UK if they know of one?

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I would go on iTunes and CD's. That way if you ever see kids at shows who say "You guys really rocked but I don't have enough for you're CD" you can just say "dude, check us out on iTunes"
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Id go CD personally. Itunes is where people go to buy more stuff from people they like, not to find new music...well, maybe I take that back now that they have the genius feature

But I still think your more likely to sell your music as CDs