Hey folks.Im a beginner playing guitar and have been playing for around 2 or 3 weeks!!i am self teaching myself and still struggle to get clear sounds when playing chords!i no it will take alot of practice but wondered if any1 had any advice,tips or help that would be grately appreciated.thanks
This forum is for asking questions about forum and profile usage. Things related to the website are welcome here, but for this question I'd recommend posting here:

Guitar and bass basics

Anyways, the only thing we can tell you is to practice. It's boring and frustrating, but that's the only way to get better and truly enjoy playing. Also check out the lessons area of the site.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Last edited by Gibson06 at Dec 15, 2008,
what helped me a lot is just keep chipping away at it also try to make sure your fretting hand is relaxed and your other fingers arent muting any other strings there is also very good lessons on UG that can really help you out!
Make sure to keep going, dont give up, but if youre struggling dont just try that over and over, try other things and keep yourself interested. more specificly make sure you're fretting with the very tips of your fingers.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
ok gibson cheers!!im new to this site not got round the site yet!!cheers guys all ur comments are onboard!!!
Thumb placement is pretty crucial,try messing about with different positions. Other than that what everyone else says....practice!!

Having the right guitar and gauge of string might make a difference too but practice first lol