View poll results: Which?
Firebird
19 48%
Tele
11 28%
Other
10 25%
Voters: 40.
with my birthday and xmas money im thinking of a new guitar and was look at a squire telecaster but have now seen an epiphone firebird studio which costsw about £50 more and what wondering what people thought and , i play hard rock and punk (kinda like foo fighters , nirvana, sum41, ratm)

my budget would be £280 if anyones got any other suggestions

heres the links to the guitars :

Firbird
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=06083117391528

tele:
http://www.instruments2go.co.uk/Squier-Telecaster-Custom-II-P90-p-1231.html
Forget the Telecaster, it's not worth it, but maybe for the music you play. I am not a big fan of firebirds, though they are pretty good from what I know. I would suggest something else, but I'll try to get back to you later.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
I don't like either, but the Tele more than the Firebird. It really just depends on the styles of music you play, and which you like the feel and sound of better. Have you played either?
A tele with p90's?!

GO FOR IT!
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

ive played a telecaster but not that 1 it sounded nice, i havnt been to the guitar shop to try the firebird yet , plan on going after xmas when i have all my money
washburn x50pro, save another £20.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
with THOSE choices, I would get the Firebird. But if you can get the Tele in a better color, or upgrade with to a MIM, get a Tele.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
dude go fire. stay away from Squire.
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Agile 727 Interceptor Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
The tele loks nice, except that like peach/yellow, but its a SQUIRE. Go for the Firebird.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
got a guy to check the local guitar shop and he said he could get me the firebird for £190 :O
Hold on, £280 is enough for a Fender MIM Tele, and they're really good, get one
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I love the tele, but I also like Firebirds, and comparing a mid-low Squier to a decent Epiphone, it's just no contest for the Epi IMO. Firebird hands-down.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5