Hello to all UG Members!

I am a 20 year old university student currently living in the UK. I am undertaking the third and final year of my BSc degree in Web Development and for my final project I have decided to design and implement an online guitar tutorial website (due to the fact I also play electric guitar). For the most part, the content on the website is not that important. However, it is important to have researched the latest trends and features for these types of websites and my lecturers have therefore advised me to try and gain some feedback from members of forums in order to improve my prototype design and research.

So basically, that is what brings me here! What I would really like from you is very short and sweet responses outlining the features and services you would expect from an online guitar tutorial website, for example things like a forum, mailing list, option to register for extra free lessons and so fourth. Please note that this website would be a 100% free service.

Thankyou for taking your time to read this and I await your responses/feedback/criticisms of my idea eagerly!

Yours Sincerely,
Richard
The logo of the website should be a pear with a strange mouth...with the captions "lol wut?"'
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Make it free. You went to UG, what answers do you expect?
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Hi Again,

@imdeth - Obviously I realise UG has pretty much everything you guys need, otherwise you wouldn't be a member of the forum, but I'm trying to find out the possibly of new features and services you have never seen but would like?

@guitarmaniac88 - As you will see in my original post, the website will be entirely free, but I am just trying to find some new features, a niche if you want to call it that for this market.

Thanks again.
He's a Dec 08'er, don't trust him. You came to The Pit; you kind ain't welcome here. *spits*
Lots more video lessons than we have here.

Also lots more video gear reviews.

And more organized and consistent written lessons.

Sorry mods/admins/zapp/everyone who works here, I don't mean anything negative with my criticism. I love this place.

My criticism only means that I care.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Obviously, you don't realize that in UG, The Pit is usually the most unserious, unhelpful place you can find...
@dudetheman - Thanks for your input, I will take those points into consideration.

@herby - Where should I re-create this thread where I won't get responses like "That poem sucked."?

Thanks.
Quote by Ortonruk
@dudetheman - Thanks for your input, I will take those points into consideration.

@herby - Where should I re-create this thread where I won't get responses like "That poem sucked."?

Thanks.

Actually that was your "welcome greeting." Now so i don't seem like a prick, I would suggest that you make a forum that's more organized than UGs.
Sail upon the open skies
Lol Augusfan,

It's ok, you weren't the only one :P My question was a bit dumb I guess, considering I've come to one of the most popular guitar forums.

But thanks everyone anyway!
I knew that it was free. Why do you think I said that, and then told you you came to UG?
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10