What elements are needed for Melodic Death Riffs? I try to come up with my own stuff but I never know genre it is and I like Melodic Death Metal a lot and so I really want to make these sort of riffs.
listen to these bands
The Absence, Amon Amarth, Arsis, Carcass, Children of Bodom, Ensiferum, In Flames, Insomnium, Kalmah, Nightrage, Opeth, Wintersun, Norther, Vespers decent, and more to that extent
Quote by CG Man16
listen to these bands
The Absence, Amon Amarth, Arsis, Carcass, Children of Bodom, Ensiferum, In Flames, Insomnium, Kalmah, Nightrage, Opeth, Wintersun, Norther, Vespers decent, and more to that extent

Needs moar All That Remains.
The official Panamanian-Jamaican-Syrian-Canadian-American-Jew.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Spider III 120 Watt
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal
don't forget arch enemy

insomnium is good too
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by CG Man16
All that remains is not melodeth

Riffs are still reminiscent of it.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
well I do listen to these bands but like I just can't really wrap my head what they do, they always make really complex **** and i just like chugging, soloing, fast paced **** that sounds good, but yeah i guess i could also incorporate my own ideas into some of these songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx7cLwvQ24Q
check out Mark Morton around 0:19
i think it's a pretty good explanation
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
also if you're writing drums (which i do in guitar pro), if i have a riff that uses the low E as a pedal point, i try to make the rhythm on that pedal point somewhat interesting (basically it comes down to mixing eighth and sixteenth notes) and have the kick drum coincide with every time i play the low E.
does that make sense, i don't know if i gave a decent explanation
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.