Ok....so in January..i'm going to almost daily have to switch between 11-50 gauge Flatwounds and 9-46 ProSteels because of every other day jazz performances and every other day rock performances...is this gonna kill my neck? Anything i can do to make the tension change less of a hassle on my neck?
Yeah find another guitar that not only might hurt your guitar but it will cost lots of money for new strings all the time
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
do you really want to change strings every day?
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
i think picking up another guitar is really the best option here
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
You have to get another guitar. Changing strings every day would be a pain in the a$$ not to mention you'd have to intonate again every time..
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
I use super slinky's for all my performances...

I actually have to leave soon to play at my highschool for jazz band... granted I'm using the conductor's Ibanez ArtCore because it sounds more jazz than a Strat, but whatever.

I usually use my Strat with Super Slinky's for all different kinds of music.
Save up money for another guitar I'd say.

And yeah, it'd probably kill your neck.
changing strings every day is not good for your guitar man
get another so you have have one for each

or

pick one set of strings for both genres - no one will notice, I promise

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
shat....i don't have the money to even get a cruddy Ibanez Artcore..i'm playin a 95 dollar guitar thats lasted me four years of crappy tone....so a new guitar is really out of the question.....so....shoot.
well, just use 1 gauge of strings then - compromise and use 10's

and how does a guy using a "95 dollar guitar with crappy tone" get gigs daily?

edit: and I realize skill has nothing to do with the kind of guitar, my point is if you are gigging that often aren't you getting paid?

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
well, just use 1 gauge of strings then - compromise and use 10's

and how does a guy using a "95 dollar guitar with crappy tone" get gigs daily?

edit: and I realize skill has nothing to do with the kind of guitar, my point is if you are gigging that often aren't you getting paid?

the answer......Rock money is going to local church, no choice there, but i'm not bitter. Jazz performances are all school deals.

edit: I'm a 15 year old sophomore by the way, the only musical thing i personally get paid for is symphony performances. So my Peavey Pile-o-Crap XP, is about the only thing i'm gonna have till i'm outta college. Not from the rich side, ...that's for sure.
Last edited by guitarsolo_17 at Dec 15, 2008,
Quote by guitarsolo_17
the answer......Rock money is going to local church, no choice there, but i'm not bitter. Jazz performances are all school deals.

damn dude, thats a tough spot

think about how much you would be spending though to change your strings daily - even at 5 bucks a set, 20 times a month = 100.00 a month - damn, there's another crappy guitar for ya lol

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
yeah agreed.....lucky for me local pawn shop sells prosteels for a buck a set eh?..about 10 jazz performances and 9 rock in January..won't be much of a problem. maybe 13 sets in all...but i think i might just try and get away with a set of dead 9s for jazz if that's even legal. that lowers the price to about a buck a month.
Uhm just get a set of 10-47 and therefore compromise? Eh..
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
why would you HAVE to change the gauge to play a different genre? how much money do you have dude? That's like $150 bucks a month.

Get another guitar. A Tele.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
yea, if you can afford $5+ a day on new strings it won't take long to save up for a new guitar!
Quote by zhilla
yea, if you can afford $5+ a day on new strings it won't take long to save up for a new guitar!

well some people can't read.
is there seriously something wrong with just compromising and getting 10s?
I mean it does affect the tone, but i dont think it does enough to warrant changing strings that often. find strings that you like for everything and use your amp to make tonal changes.
Just Find some 10s that work well for both.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk