okay so i downloaded, unzipped, and burnt unbuntu to a disc. what happened to the option of running it from the disc itself? i got the option of either removing windows all together, or installing it inside windows which takes up 5 gig. thats bull****. ive been lied to
Quote by Wylde14
okay so i downloaded, unzipped, and burnt unbuntu to a disc. what happened to the option of running it from the disc itself? i got the option of either removing windows all together, or installing it inside windows which takes up 5 gig. thats bull****. ive been lied to

OR. You downloaded the install CD instead of the live CD.
you may raise a good point, however there was only 2 downloads a server one, and the one i downloaded. i shall take a second look

edit: nope. theres Desktop and Server edition. i took Desktop

more edit: thanks to google i think i found what i needed
Last edited by Wylde14 at Dec 15, 2008,
You burn the .iso to a disc then boot from it..you can partition your windows partition to make room

EDIT: And I highly reccomend the ubuntu forums, everyone there is very helpful, even for beginners.

http://ubuntuforums.org/

enjoy
Quote by CLVPX
You burn the .iso to a disc then boot from it..you can partition your windows partition to make room

you wont make room when you only have less than 2 gig left on your hard drive, also thanks for the link
Were you really expecting to run a second OS with 2GB of space? Not gonna work, not with ubuntu anyway, maybe puppy linux idk
Quote by CLVPX
Were you really expecting to run a second OS with 2GB of space? Not gonna work, not with ubuntu anyway, maybe puppy linux idk

which is why i wanted to run it from a disc, to see whether i think its worth making the space for it, possibly removing windows alltogether
Quote by Wylde14
which is why i wanted to run it from a disc, to see whether i think its worth making the space for it, possibly removing windows alltogether

It is. There, I saved you some time. Now get to space-making or find a small or old hard drive to buy/salvage.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)