The age old question "wtf!!"

When I play my ibanez with EMG85/81s through my 6505+ or Valveking, I get 0 feedback, it's well controlled high gain fun.

When my friend plugs his Telecaster with SeymorDuncan Hotrail pickups into either one, it sequels uncontrollably and makes the amp worthless live, even an ISP Decimator does no good.

Help?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Well it's obviously his guitar, as your guitar doesn't feedback horribly. Tell your friend to make sure all grounds are correctly soldered.
Quote by Mark G
yeah, check the wiring and grounds. Thats probably it

It only squeals when not being played, i left that out.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
yea its probably not wired properly. check out some schematics online and see if the guts match the schems.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
single coils in the tele
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?
Quote by xwearesinking
single coils + high gain = noise.

he said the guitar has hot rails pickups, which are humbuckers
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i'm pretty sure there's a difference between hot rails and humbuckers though.

to my knowledge, hot rails have high output LIKE humbuckers - but they're still single coils.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
i'm pretty sure there's a difference between hot rails and humbuckers though.

to my knowledge, hot rails have high output LIKE humbuckers - but they're still single coils.

Humbuckers aren't designed to be high gain pickups just because there humbuckers. There designed to cancel hum, the name states this HUMbuckers. So the hot rails are hot like humbuckers is incorrect and rails are there to cancel hum like a HUMbucker would.

Also another FYI the Valveking is far from a high gain amp so its not a single coil through high gain amp issue either.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Humbuckers aren't designed to be high gain pickups just because there humbuckers. There designed to cancel hum, the name states this HUMbuckers. So the hot rails are hot like humbuckers is incorrect and rails are there to cancel hum like a HUMbucker would.

Also another FYI the Valveking is far from a high gain amp so its not a single coil through high gain amp issue either.

We are selling the Valveking and buying either a Rockerverb 50 or a Stiletto, which are indeed high gain. So we wanna get this problem fixed by then.

So far, I'm getting a lot of "improperly grounded" and "wax pickups" answers, I'll try both
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808