Page 1 of 3
If you could have your ideal bass, perfect shap, neck, pickups, electronics and strings etc what whould it be?

Mine would be a fender jazz shape with a Musicman style massive humbucker at the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Quarter pounter spilt coil pickup at the neck. 5 strings, factory tuned 2 steps down (how I usually tune my bass, the growling tone is awesome) with high guage strings. Made of alder for a slightly brighter tone and with a 'jazz-thin' neck but with a BC rich style headstock. 3-Eq for the humbucker only as I prefer split coils to be passive.
A nice six string bass with light gauge strings, tuned up 1 octave.
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Quote by clyne39

That would make a piccolo bass, tuned BEADGC....nice faceplant there.
Nope, no sig here.
i'm pretty basic. a candy apple red Fender Custom Shop Jazz Bass with a maple neck and fretboard, BadAss II bridge, all gold hardware, no pick-guard.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Dec 16, 2008,
I do love these threads. They allow me to be stupidly obnoxious.

7 string Jerzy Drozd "Legend" style body
Ovangkol body, Californian Buckeye Burl top and back (headstock too)
7 piece neck with alternated birdseye maple/wenge
Ebony fretboard
Lightwave pickups and relevant electronics (I can't wait till I'm rich and they make aftermarket versions of these)
done before. but mine has changed a bit.
wenge/flamed hard maple 3 piece laminate neck, Warwick specs, 34"
ebony fretboard
IDC headstock
bolt on, 4+ bolts
ash body, shedua laminate top, jazzish shape, flame koa laminate on back and sides.
bartolini jazz p-ups, seymour duncan QP split coil
dual 3 band EQ's, bridge getting own, middle p-up(the QP) sharing with the neck
3 way toggle for neck and mid p-ups
mid selector switch
stacked knobs
squirrel inlays
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I do love these threads. They allow me to be stupidly obnoxious.

7 string Jerzy Drozd "Legend" style body
Ovangkol body, Californian Buckeye Burl top and back (headstock too)
7 piece neck with alternated birdseye maple/wenge
Ebony fretboard
Lightwave pickups and relevant electronics (I can't wait till I'm rich and they make aftermarket versions of these)

*googles furiously*

Already been made, but it's what I imagine as "My own sig. bass". Oh and make it a 5 stringer please.
i would have a 5 string gibson thunderbird with shark tooth inlays and my bands logo somewhere on the headstock body or neck.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
a four sting corvette warwick $$ in neon green

not to personal, but still kick ass IMO
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
5 string Schecter Stiletto with a mahogany inlay all the way down the body, with gold plated hardware and gold EMGs. Music Man strings. I'd also like it to have a mother of pearl inlay in the neck, spelling out my name in cursive.
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

Do you agree with that guy? That's why we have the Computer Thread. Use it.
That would have to be my personal hot rodded Fender P.
HWY1, Sunburst, Rosewood (Maple is nice too, maybe I'll have two), Gotoh 201 Bridge, Duncan QP, Elixir Strings, Hipshot Xtender key, Thumb rest.
Pics (pre-Duncans):
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
semi-hollow body(think jack casady signature)
3 pickups
active Bridge position bartolini humbucker
active/passive switchable middle position fender jazz pickup
Neck position Active Music Man humbucker w/ phase switch
bartolini switchable preamp
24 fret, schecter style bridge
5 string
blue steel light gauge strings
locking tuning pegs(lol)
golden hardware

awesome (i know right)
James

My Gear
schecter elite 5 hny sat
Kustom 30 WATT kba30
SWR vintage workingman combo 500/1500
Yamaha Extension 500w Speaker
SWR Workingman Extension 500w Speaker
4- String Warwick Corvette body, but 20% bigger in Bubinga, waxed finish.
Wenge neck, ebony fretboard, brass nut. LED "This is the 12th fret" inlayed on 13th fret.
Bell Brass Frets
Gold hardware. D-tuner on all 4 tuners because I'm lazy.
Bartolini Musicman pickup in bridge, P in neck with 3band Bartolini eq. Gold Pickup Covers
Medium DR Black Beauties
Midi Out & pickup so it doubles as a midi controller
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by clyne39

You personify everything that's wrong with everything.

Anyway, I actually have a custom fretless on the way that could count as a signature. It's a semi-hollow Telecaster Thinline style body with an F-hole, spalted maple top, with a Fralin single coil '51 Precision pickup. Fretless ebony fingerboarded maple neck. Black hardware. Everything is stained black, including the neck. Completely black.

But I was actually thinking of the kind of bass I'd love, and can say with some certainty it's never been done (i.e. this hodgepodge of ideas has never been put together in exactly this way). This will be so hard to explain.

It's a 21-fret 5-string neckthrough body bass. The neckthrough and fingerboard will be all wenge. The wings will be maple, but you won't be able to see the neck-through from the front, but you will at the back, like a Thumb bass. It'll be a custom-classic Jazz body, BUT it'll be curved/arched like a Thumb/Streamer. Blank fretboard, stainless steel frets. Fender-style Wenge headstock. The body will be coloured exactly like a Stealth Bongo, all except for the neck-through at the back, which will be unfinished wenge. Same smokey-black hardware as the Bongo as well. The neck will have the same fingerboard radius and general shape of a 4-string Warwick neck, with the exact same width and string spacing dimensions of a 5-string Fender. Same electronics as an American Deluxe Fender. Bridge and tuners are irrelevant, but they must be coloured properly. Never seen a Jazz body contoured like a Streamer before.

So yeah, that's gonna be my bass some day. If Fender gave me signature, it'd basically be a 21-fret American series bass with the Deluxe electronics, maple neck, ash body, entirely painted stealth black. Fingerboard too.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
4 string
neck thru, 24 brass frets maple fretboard on a maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple laminate neck
jazz bass shape body walnut wings with high grade quilt maple top
red stain only on top wood
fender headstock high grade quilt maple top with matching red stain
chris gearing prototype pickups neck single coil, bridge humbucker
East UK J retro DX
single string bridges string thru body
Jazz bass control plate
all gold hardware
strung with optima golds 45-105
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Mine changes every time we have one of these threads...

one of these, with 24 frets (for some reason, that one appears to only have 23), a kahler hybrid trem, locking tuners, graphite trem nut, neck through ovangkol neck, pau ferro fingerboard with 70's style inlays, mahogany wings, a black finish and black/white/black pickguard, these pickups and electronics, except that the bridge pickup would be closer to the bridge, so that in single coil mode, it would have the 70's positioning, and with a pan knob instead of a 3 way switch for the pickups.

There will be a 4 string and 5 string of it. The 5er will also have a 35" scale.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I believe John Entwhistle already came up with mine... Warwick Stryker. How I dearly want one...
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
5 string Jerzy Drozd Sequel shape with a 5A flame maple top in a dark green burst with a wenge back.
7 piece neck that goes Flame maple/Ebony/Flame Maple/ Blood wood/Flame Maple/Ebony/Flame Maple with Flame Maple fret board
Pickups: Piezo, Light Wave, P, and a splittable MM.
Electronics: individual Piezo and light wave volumes, Blend pot for P and MM with a switch to turn both off. Stereo out put with the piezo and light wave on one cahnnel and P and MM on the other. A 4 band EQ for each channel.

So basically the most versatile bass in existence.
Quote by hippiebass
5 string Jerzy Drozd Sequel shape with a 5A flame maple top in a dark green burst with a wenge back.
7 piece neck that goes Flame maple/Ebony/Flame Maple/ Blood wood/Flame Maple/Ebony/Flame Maple with Flame Maple fret board
Pickups: Piezo, Light Wave, P, and a splittable MM.
Electronics: individual Piezo and light wave volumes, Blend pot for P and MM with a switch to turn both off. Stereo out put with the piezo and light wave on one cahnnel and P and MM on the other. A 4 band EQ for each channel.

So basically the most versatile bass in existence.

dual EQ's are mine!!!

get your own brilliant idea! though adding a piezo was a nice touch.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by Deliriumbassist
^You'd be lucky to fit magnetic pickups onto a bass with Lightwave. There's a Conklin with just a Lightwave with a control cavity that takes up about a third of the bass. The Lightwave contains piezo anyways, blendable with the light-sensed sound.

This isn't about being reasonable

Edit: ^ I didn't see your post about dual EQs, I guess great minds think alike.
wait im gunna change my amp, a 7000watt bass that doesnt need an amp or a strap, and its light as a feather, invisible, and makes cookies. what ya gunna do bout it?
Try adding more delay.
Quote by hippiebass
This isn't about being reasonable

Edit: ^ I didn't see your post about dual EQs, I guess great minds think alike.

it's cool. it just goes to prove the awesome of it.

I should patent that soon...
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

A red and black Euro Spector 4 string birdseye maple neck and matching fretboard, flamed maple top and SSD EMG pickups
Quote by hippiebass
Do it. I'll buy one.

yeah.

what to name the company...

A dual-channel instrumentation amplifier includes two channels of PMOS transistor differential pairs which are configured in a Y-connection and cross-coupled to two diode-connected NMOS transistors. Each input channel has a non-linear voltage-current characteristic. But when the differential currents cancel at the NMOS transistor diodes, both input channels have the same differential input voltage, regardless of any non-linearity. As thus configured, a high accuracy instrumentation amplifier which operates in current mode is realized with excellent DC matching and high common mode rejection ratio. In one embodiment, the dual-channel instrumentation amplifier is used as input stage for the linear comparator to enable the linear comparator to operate at a high rate of speed with excellent channel matching.

what does that mean?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Something like Tom Araya's ESP, but dark red (with like a stripe of black or soemthing thru the middle), neck-thru, active soapbar emg's, 5 strings, somewhat funky looking fret markers (rather than the pentagrams, as its so generic), same style head as Dimebag guitars, thumb-rests built into the pickups (similar to Yamaha basses), 3 band eq, vol knob, balance knob, deep cutaway.

and maybe some small snazzy graphic on the front
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
a 5-string Rickenbacker 4003,
i know there's no such thing but wouldn't that be awesome?
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
I actually would not want a signature bass.
I'm fine with a Precision off the wall.
An all black 5 string Urge II with black sparkle pickguard.

HA..I bet you all thought I'd post up a Carl Thompson.
Quote by anarkee
An all black 5 string Urge II with black sparkle pickguard.

HA..I bet you all thought I'd post up a Carl Thompson.

I fail.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Page 1 of 3