I just tripped and fell, bracing the fall with my hand. Fortunately no hand injuries or anything like, but led me to think of two things. Does everyone else fear breaking their hands or fingers, especially if you're planning to study music in college? Has anyone successfully trained themselves to not stick out their hands when they fall?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I always stick my hands out. I've broken 2 wrists and an arm doing this, and it's still worth it.

Would you rather break your face?

EDIT: The three broken bones were from football/soccer, snowboarding, and a 20-foot freefall. Because I know someone will ask...
i'd rather break my hand than fall on my face and break that. I fear breaking my shin bone and nose the most.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Supertait
i'd rather break my hand than fall on my face and break that. I fear breaking my shin bone and nose the most.

I've also broken my nose and tibia (larger shin bone).

I hate my life.

The worst thing to break would be your elbow/kneecap.
Quote by slaptasticdave
I just tripped and fell, bracing the fall with my hand. Fortunately no hand injuries or anything like, but led me to think of two things. Does everyone else fear breaking their hands or fingers, especially if you're planning to study music in college? Has anyone successfully trained themselves to not stick out their hands when they fall?

It's a reflex, so you can't really overcome it. Babies, on the other hand (no pun intended), spread their limbs outwards when the fall, so they form a star shape. I'm not too sure why though.
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by KwikKopy

I hate my life.

you're not too lucky are you?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
From skating and parkour I've kind of trained myself to take the hit with my body and roll with the fall. I don't know what I'd do if I injured my hand to the point of never being able to play guitar or piano again.
Quote by slaptasticdave
you're not too lucky are you?

Haha, well it's just a coincidence the bones I've broken have been mentioned.

My life total is:
Wrist x2
Arm
Shin
Foot
Toe
Nose
like has been said, it's a reflex. i'd imagine the resulting injuries to your ribs/spine would be a lot worse than your hand/arm.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by KwikKopy

I hate my life.

Yes. My bio teacher was talking about the elbow the other day. So much **** in there, if you break it, you are so screwed.

And I skateboard, I am scared to death of breaking something. I'm not even worried about the pain. Just the scar. You know the creepy ones from stitching?
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

i broke my wrist a while back and learned to roll over my elbow / shoulder, not my wrists

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club
Im made of metal. I dont get hurt.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I really don't care what happens to my hands since I never put myself in situations where I could do long term damage to my hands. I was in a car wreck and had my left hand wrapped up, I still played guitar with only 2 fingers. I am much more worried about having my teeth knocked out, don't know why, just seems like one of the most painful things a person could go through.
Quote by KwikKopy

I hate my life.

or penis

im allways afraid of breaking my fingers at work. its almost happend a few times
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
I fell and busted my elbow up real bad once. the first time i broke it wasn't bad. The second time i fell pretty much straight down and stuck my arms out in front, and instead of breaking my wrists i pretty much disitegrated my whole elbow.
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

I've always been afraid that i might break my ear. I just don't know what i would do if it broke and i could never use it again.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by A8039077

It's a reflex, so you can't really overcome it. Babies, on the other hand (no pun intended), spread their limbs outwards when the fall, so they form a star shape. I'm not too sure why though.

maybe it's an instinct?
like, to just spread the impact, rather than forcing all their body weight on their arms
but a falling baby star is a hillarious image...
lol
YES. Back when I worked at Papa John's, I had to prep onions when right after work I was going to track guitar in the studio. I worked ridiculously slow and careful lol.
We're only strays.