ok i did the first and last fret credit card thing and it slid right under all the strings. so i know it has to much neck bend. so witch direction should i do a 1/4 turn?
thanks sorry if its a dumb question
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Wait a second. Did you fret any of the strings during your test, or did you just do the credit card portion?
yeah the low e's 1st 22st fret
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
your supposed to lay your index finger across the 1st fret, then try to slide the credit card under the strings in the middle of the neck, like around 9 i think..
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
This may not apply to all guitars, but on one of mine, the procedure is to hold the guitar in playing position and then you check the high and low E strings by holding down the string at the first fret with your fretting hand. With your picking hand thumb, fret the same string at the area where the neck joins the body - on this particular guitar, that's around the 16th fret. Then, stretch your picking hand index finger as far as possible into the middle of the neck, somewhere around frets 7 to 9 and tap the string down to the frets. The amount of distance the string travels to the frets is the amount of bow in the neck. They recommend using feeler gauges to measure the distance, which should be around .3mm to .5mm, or .010" to .020". On this guitar, loosen the rod (counter-clockwise) if the neck is backbowed. Tighten the rod (clockwise) if it's underbowed. Backbow means that the headstock curves towards your body when you hold the guitar in playing position. Underbow means that the headstock curves away from your body when held in normal playing position. Usually, you turn the rod no more than 1/4 turn, then tune and recheck. It's also a good idea to give it a day or two to set in, before adjusting it again. If you over adjust the rod, you can break it.
Quote by KG6_Steven
This may not apply to all guitars, but on one of mine, the procedure is to hold the guitar in playing position and then you check the high and low E strings by holding down the string at the first fret with your fretting hand. With your picking hand thumb, fret the same string at the area where the neck joins the body - on this particular guitar, that's around the 16th fret. Then, stretch your picking hand index finger as far as possible into the middle of the neck, somewhere around frets 7 to 9 and tap the string down to the frets. The amount of distance the string travels to the frets is the amount of bow in the neck. They recommend using feeler gauges to measure the distance, which should be around .3mm to .5mm, or .010" to .020". On this guitar, loosen the rod (counter-clockwise) if the neck is backbowed. Tighten the rod (clockwise) if it's underbowed. Backbow means that the headstock curves towards your body when you hold the guitar in playing position. Underbow means that the headstock curves away from your body when held in normal playing position. Usually, you turn the rod no more than 1/4 turn, then tune and recheck. It's also a good idea to give it a day or two to set in, before adjusting it again. If you over adjust the rod, you can break it.

Listen to this, also, google and project guitar are your friend.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
well after reading stevens post i took a leap of faith and i turned it quater to the left so now i wait till tomorrow
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
KG6_Steven is pretty much as close as it gets. Always check in playing position. I prefer a straight edge cut to 18" and auto feeler gauges. 10k of an inch seems to be the norm for most people, about the thickness of a playing card.