Page 1 of 2
Been listening to some punk (if u can call it punk dont shoot me for getting the genre wrong) as of late, mostly political basied, like refused and anti-flag, and well they have a massage they are trying to put accros and have a reasion for it, but a lot of metal band play music for the sake of music, and thats a pretty good reasion no doubt. but it justy seems to me like they are way to seariuos about them selfs.

is it just me???
I wish more bands would put out massages honestly.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Why can't a band play music for the sake of playing music? Why can't they appreciate the art without trying to blindly rebel against something?
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
To TS... learn to english please
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
I wish more bands would take themselves seriously.

But then again, Mayhem took it a little too far.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by Kensai
I wish more bands would put out massages honestly.

I see what you did Kensai. You clever bastard you...
Sail upon the open skies
Only Axl and Lars take themselves too seriously

andMalmsteen
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Man O War.

/Thread
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Manowar should die from Ebola.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Genre has nothing to do with substance. Open your mind.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Many hardcore bands take themselves too seriously. Anyone ever hear of Bury Your Dead?
i totally think ANY band that plays for the sake of music is wrong,

i personally love punk: Against Me!, Anti-Flag, NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Boy Kicks Girl

they all have a message, a purpose, a reason for playing.

metal specifically is full of bands without a meaning, and i don't like them because of it. They are great technical musicians, but why? they take themselves too seriously
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by webbtje
Municipal Waste, Strapping Young Lad, Mehuggah, Akercocke.

The most huggable band in the land

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by JeanMi36
Manowar should die from Ebola.

Everyone likes Manowar. They just don't know it yet.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Oh, so you didn't know.

Similar and often compared to the internet, you will find that teh metulz is srs bizness.

It's BR00TALZ!!!!1111!!!111!!!one!!!!!1

Quote by FightinIrishPJ

i personally love punk: Against Me!, Anti-Flag, NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Boy Kicks Girl

metal specifically is full of bands without a meaning, and i don't like them because of it. They are great technical musicians, but why? they take themselves too seriously

So you don't think playing music for the reason that they love playing music is good enough?

I don't think there's any better reason to play music than because you love it.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ

I think the world just exploded. That much fail in one place can't be sustained.

Dude, the whole point of music is that it's one of the few art forms that can exst in a state of pure beauty without having to have any meaning whatsoever. Music is its own meaning, any 'messages' put over the top of it are just optional extras.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
the ****ty, chuka-chuka-ra cookie monster metal bands do
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
Quote by FightinIrishPJ

using music to whine about your views is not something i find appealing in a band
to people saying, that i said music for the sake of music is bad, i didnt say that i said the music for the sake of music is good, but no need to act like your a god or something just cauze a bunch of 14yr olds want to bum you.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ

Bit of a complete generalisation of a genre there, isn't it? But who are you to say that playing for the sake of making music isn't a good reason for playing? It's as good as any reason to play. I love making music. A lot of it may not have a message behind it, but I enjoy making it. It's still making music for the sake of music.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ

Jonas Brothers make "music" for money. So they're in the right. Right?
Quote by FightinIrishPJ

Well then you should not play music. Music isn't only a forum for messages. Every song is a message whether you want it to be or not, just think about it, every song says something about the world we live in and our reactions to it, whether it seems to or not. Really even Metallica songs tell us about our fears, our inner demons, they reflect a loss of hope and innocence, and they point us to the macabre. But to tell you the truth if those guys didn't like their music it wouldn't matter. And you know what if you don't love playing music you should go work for greenpeace and quit wasting your and everyone elses time by noodling on a guitar. A tree died for that guitar, show it some damn respect.
i enjoy head
Quote by Jazzcore23
Well then you should not play music. Music isn't only a forum for messages. Every song is a message whether you want it to be or not, just think about it, every song says something about the world we live in and our reactions to it, whether it seems to or not. Really even Metallica songs tell us about our fears, our inner demons, they reflect a loss of hope and innocence, and they point us to the macabre. But to tell you the truth if those guys didn't like their music it wouldn't matter. And you know what if you don't love playing music you should go work for greenpeace and quit wasting your and everyone elses time by noodling on a guitar. A tree died for that guitar, show it some damn respect.

I really don't know what to say about this little rant...

1. Yes, every song has it's own personality and goal in mind.

2. I don't respect the guitar for the tree used to make it, I respect the people who made it and paved the way for it to be used as a medium of self-expression.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob

I really don't know what to say about this little rant...

1. Yes, every song has it's own personality and goal in mind.

2. I don't respect the guitar for the tree used to make it, I respect the people who made it and paved the way for it to be used as a medium of self-expression.

i just loled at the number 2. cauze of your lateist song - the killing tree.........
Quote by wozzsta
i just loled at the number 2. cauze of your lateist song - the killing tree.........

LULZ I laugh at that too.

Sometimes it sounds good in your head and then you type it up.

Meh,
I got past the title.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
i think that lyrically, metal is probably a genre that is lacking.

yes, they discuss philosophical ideas, and stuff like that, but metal is usually known for its musicianship.

i guess you could say in terms of lyrics, metal is known for discussing dark ideas..like demons and sky pixies and what not.
No, but they take themselves too seriously.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by even deeper

yes, they discuss philosophical ideas, and stuff like that, but metal is usually known for its musicianship.

i guess you could say in terms of lyrics, metal is known for discussing dark ideas..like demons and sky pixies and what not.

An entity so evil, not even Immortal will write about them...

Quote by even deeper

lolwut?

You haven't been listening to much metal, mate.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by Jacob6293
No, but they take themselves too seriously.

phssss, get over your self, so i cant spell for ****, i dont care
Quote by even deeper

No way. There is nothing that can top the genius that is the lyric, "She was so beautiful, I had to kill her!"
Page 1 of 2