Poll Options
View poll results: Hockey or Football?
Hockey
86 63%
Football
51 37%
Voters: 137.
Page 1 of 3
For those of us in the States that don't realize that our football isn't football at all, I don't mean the kind your thinking of.

I was watching some old videos of the Philadelphia Flyers a bit ago, and it got me thinking. Why is football (or for those of you who still don't get it Soccer) more popular than Hockey? They are both well known sports around the globe, and IMO Hockey is just 20 times more exciting. I just don't see the appeal of Football, maybe those of you who prefer Football can help me understand.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
poll?

Hockey is way better than soccer, but American Football is better than both
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Hockey...

SUCKS.

All they do is fight n ****...

's like wrestling with Sticks n ****.

/Sig attempt+truth
I think it's because football has more global exposure.

Since hockey is massive in Canada and the US, it gets shown alot on TV while the British Hockey League (or whatever it's called) is nowhere to be seen on TV.

Meanwhile football is everywhere as it's alot of countries national sport and it's easier for kids to pick up as they only require a ball to start with and practice skills/techniques.

Although I do like both sports and try to catch the NHL if i'm awake when it's on.
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black puck with sticks.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Hockey > American Football > Football (soccer).

Hockey is way more popular here in the states than soccer. Football is more popular than both, but I find it to be boring and stupid. So hockey ftw.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Soccer. And I'm an American, from the deep south at that.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black puck with sticks.

i lol'd. dunno why, but i did.

also, american football, ftw.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
hockey is a lot more physically demanding, ESPN magazine said a couple years ago that hockey players were the toughest athletes in sports today. That was before UFC got big, but it takes a lot to be a good hockey player.
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
hockey all the way. soccer isn't **** over here in the US, most people don't even know who their local team is. European football is so much better than american soccer.
I dont like watching Hockey but I just dont, its not appealing to me. The only thing I like about hockey is when people get in fights. I like football more because I grew up watching football and I still watch it. I just dont got into hockey.
HOCKEY!!

i mean, i love soccer, i play soccer, i'm a beast at soccer.. but HOCKEY FTW.

GO RANGERS!
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
Quote by assparade69
hockey all the way. soccer isn't **** over here in the US, most people don't even know who their local team is. European football is so much better than american soccer.

True, Although I believe Philadelphia's is the Kicks.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Its a preferance, i like hockey more though

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
For me, American football > Hockey > everywhere else football
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
I say Soccer, but only Foreign Soccer.

Soccer teams in the U.S. are so bad, I would rather watch hockey. But Soccer as a sport is better IMO.
Football is a high scoring game where as hockey is not. There's your answer.

I perfer to watch football but rather play hockey (touch football isn't as fun as tackling but who's going to without pads?).
Quote by Paroxysm

WHAT?!

I perfer to watch football but rather play hockey (touch football isn't as fun as tackling but who's going to without pads?).

Oh.
Quote by Paroxysm

This man deserves an award for not reading the thread, but still being correct.
Well, football is an international sport, can be playe din almost any climate, and requires almost no special gear (although speical gear can and is very useful).

It's cheap and easy to learn, and almost anyone can play, as there's a position for everyone
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Hockey is my favourite sport. If it weren't for the damn fights it would be a perfect sport in my opinion. It's very demanding, since you have to be able to skate professionally, control the puck with a stick, shoot accurately with it, be physically tough to withstand heavy hits into the boards and play strategically and positionally if you want to win. And I like that there's usually at least one or two goals every match. Soccer is also amazing, it's sometimes very dramatic and tense (though sometimes quite bland) and it's one of the easiest sports to play for kids, doesn't demand big budget to play with friends. I have never seen a football match in my life, so I don't know if I would like it, but it looks too physical for me.
Quote by Paroxysm

real men play tackle without pads
Quote by sbinlb
real men play tackle without pads

no because it then turns into rugby and soft American football players get trampled and beat to death
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by zzeazz
Hockey...

SUCKS.

All they do is fight n ****...

's like wrestling with Sticks n ****.

/Sig attempt+truth

WHAT?!?! who doesnt enjoy watching a fight.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
you can play wold football anywhere with anything that you can kick. You can't do the same with hockey. It's bigger than straight up sprinting/hitting action.

Nothing against hockey. I love it. Just trying to answer the question. I love soccer to. And American football. and most every sport...
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
no because it then turns into rugby and soft American football players get trampled and beat to death

maybe you get injured and rugby is way different than american football just because your not wearing any pads doesnt mean its rugby
Unless you've seen British, or at least European football (soccer), you can't really call a comparison in terms of excitement. A game between Wigan Athletic and Fulham (a relatively boring game) is more exciting than an MLS game between two of the best teams.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

I doubt that, seeing as Football players are generally considerably larger than rugby players.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by sbinlb
maybe you get injured and rugby is way different than american football just because your not wearing any pads doesnt mean its rugby

it was a joke on how rugby is more manly than american football players

yes the rules are differnet, and the equipment is different as well.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I doubt that, seeing as Football players are generally considerably larger than rugby players.

Larger =/= as well fit for Rugby.

Rugby players would destroy football players in Rugby, Football players would destroy Rugby players in Football.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Larger =/= as well fit for Rugby.

Rugby players would destroy football players in Rugby, Football players would destroy Rugby players in Football.

I agree with that.

I do have to disagree with the point that Rugby is more hardcore or whatever because they don't wear pads, I' used to play both fairly regularly, and you generally get a lot more beat up playing football.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Paroxysm

I don't believe you actually read the first post.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Page 1 of 3