Page 1 of 2
Its a superband of some of the biggest post-hardcore bands out there, it's made up of:

Craig Owens (Chiodos / Cinematic Sunrise) - vocals
Jonny Craig (Emarosa / ex-Dance Gavin Dance) - vocals
Vic Fuentes (Pierce The Veil) - vocals / guitar
Nick Martin (Underminded / Cinematic Sunrise) - guitar
Matt Goddard (Chiodos) - bass
Brian Southall (The Receiving End Of Sirens) - programming / guitar
Mike Fuentes (Pierce The Weil) - drums / percussion

Anybody else completly stoked about this?
Gear
LTD EC-50 with EMG HZ's
Jackson DXMG Dinky with 81/85 EMG's
Line 6 Spider III 120

Quote by Angus_Junior35
sig this part: oscarticas,
YOU ROCK!

Looks like a rubbish version of The Sound Of Animals Fighting to me, but I'll definitely give it a listen when it comes out to see what's going down.
this band is gonna be the best band of all time
+I've Been Wandering Around
Making Up Movies In My Head+
I'm looking forward to seeing what they can manage to do.

I mean, if they aim at a sound based on all of their seperate bands, it'll be pretty sweet. But if they stray to far from the path and try to pull a TSOAF, exploring all sorts of styles and genres and whatnot, I think they'll fall short. They don't seem like the most creative bunch to me.
Im definitely going to get the album when it's released. But somehow i feel like the_astronaut is right about this superband...

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

if they can all pull parts from their respective bands and combine them into one this cd will be killer...if they stray away from what they know i agree with astronaut as much as it kills me to say it because i love all the bands the members are in
+I've Been Wandering Around
Making Up Movies In My Head+
Quote by saxaxe
I haaaaaate Johnny Craig and Vic Fuentes, so I have very little hope. Is there any music out?

I've never actually listened to anything with Johnny Craig on it.

Though, I really dislike Pierce The Veil's stuff. Hopefully it'll sound nothing like that.
Its sounds like this is going to be an insane band, but I think their success will be based on their chemistry and if their all the same page. But I'm definitely excited for this.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Quote by jcboomer
Its sounds like this is going to be an insane band, but I think their success will be based on their chemistry and if their all the same page. But I'm definitely excited for this.

well craig owens other side project: cinematic sunrise went well and it has a few of the dudes from isles and glaciers.

i hope they'll stick with the post harcore sound though.
i'm also kinda worried about the singers, since they're are 4. but 2 of em(craig owens and jonny ccraig) are just singing w/o an instrument. how are they gonna divide it up?
I stated in a previous post that I hate Johnny Craig, but I take that back. I had my singers mixed up. I LOVE Johnny Craig's voice.
I still absolutely detest Vic Fuentes though.
vic fuentas voice isn't bad... but it doesn't compare to craig's.
too bad this group won't have anthony green.... THAT would be a supergroup
dude, I think Craig and Johnny would be pretty tight.

so I suppose I'm excited.

this group needs a little AG...
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Wow, just wow. Just heard " Clush " and it's pretty straight forward R'n'B-ish pop song. I like it.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

where'd you hear this song?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
where'd you hear this song?

3 songs have leaked... Search the internet. You'll definitly find those songs if you search the right places.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by loxer
3 songs have leaked... Search the internet. You'll definitly find those songs if you search the right places.

It wasn't a leak... they premiered 3 of them on a Detroit radio station (the band is based out of Michigan) on Sunday.
Quote by loxer

how do you listen to em without downloading them???!

EDIT: never mind... i just downloaded them.
and i'm very dissappointed... i thought it would be a supergroup. and while the songs are good.... they're a little to pop-y. and are pretty much all about vocals.
the names of the songs are:
1.Clush

2.Hills like white elephants

3.empty sighs and wine
Last edited by cook94 at Jan 24, 2009,
They're great tracks after a few listens but it does just sound like an everyday band with more divided vocal duties. There isn't really much intrumentally that stands out in the tracks, which is a shame.

Perhaps the EP will be better?
i enjoyed it tremendously. though i was hoping for some better instrumental work as well. hopefully it will get better.
they're not bad..just not the hardcore project they said it would be. it was suppossed to be a "hardcore, but melodic thing"
I like Hills Like White Elephants.
We will wear compassion. We will wear it,
and the gates of hell won't stand against it.
Seeing as how no one's posted in here since the EP's been out, I'll try and get things goin again.....So what does everyone think?

Personally I'm in love with it. It totally lived up to my expectations. Besides the fact it's so short, it's already on the top of my list for best new music of 2010. It's a shame everyone in the band is so busy with their own respective projects. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for more new music.
I just got around to grabbing the demos and it's pretty much exactly what I expected. I love when Johnny Craig sings, like when Craig Owens sings and as soon as Vic starts singing, I hate it. The music itself is decent, but it's been done so many times. If you were to take Vic out of the band, I think I'd like it a lot.
Isn't Hills like White Elephants already a song by The Stiletto Formal?
I'm an asshole.
Quote by saxaxe
I just got around to grabbing the demos and it's pretty much exactly what I expected. I love when Johnny Craig sings, like when Craig Owens sings and as soon as Vic starts singing, I hate it. The music itself is decent, but it's been done so many times. If you were to take Vic out of the band, I think I'd like it a lot.

My sentiments exactly.
Quote by CODE
The band would be nothing without Vic, you know.

I could do without Craig's voice pretty much anywhere, not my cup of tea.

Craig is the only thing about this band I even remotely enjoy, and that's just cause I'm a TSOAF fan, not really his other works.
I'm an asshole.
EP is good. Definitely would have liked it more without the hype though. Jonny is great, as always. Vic was also good. Even Craig wasn't that whiny-sounding. Viola Lion is my favorite track.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
im definitely disappointed in the fact that they wasted 2 songs on pointless instrumentals and the other two songs aren't exactly as good as i was hoping for.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Quote by saxaxe
Yeah, god forbid we lose his generic guitar parts and obnoxiously terrible voice.

+1
Page 1 of 2