i don't know..will having a cutaway on an acoustic really affect the sound? if so, will it affect a lot? would you guys personally get a guitar with one?

oh yeah, and also, on top of that, i saw this Simon and Patrick acoustic..woodland CW spruce with a cutaway...i remember it sounding quite nice...does anyone have this guitar?

i also tried a takamine G-series...cutaway,satin finish if i remember correctly..(i tried a lot of guitars) sound was real nice for its price but the action of the strings was retarted...but that can be adjusted right?

then i tried one Maestro custom (forgot which) and one Maestro jumbo....both did not have cutaways..both sounded superb..action was not very good, but neither was it that bad...

can some of you also recommend some more guitars from brands like these? thanks
I would recommend the Tak. I have an EG440C and it sounds beautiful for a less expensive guitar.
Action is very easily adjusted.

Cutaway's have a slight affect on the tone. Not enough for you to notice though. Even then, the build quality on a good guitar should overcome any adverse affects of having less sound board to vibrate. So... yes, it has an effect. No, you won't even notice it.

I would probably go for the S&P, myself. They're great guitars. You can't go wrong with the takamine either. Just go for whatever sounds good to you at the store.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
problem is, the guitars are from different shops, and well, the surroundings tend to have effects of the sound right?
Yes. How acoustically sound a room is will greatly effect the tone.

Did you find the action on the Tak too low? That's the only action problem I could ever imagine someone would have with a Takamine...
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by NoobOnZone
problem is, the guitars are from different shops, and well, the surroundings tend to have effects of the sound right?

True. They definitely do affect the tone and volume.

A properly/well-built guitar won't suffer from any less volume or projection though. Different shapes tend to dictate the amount of volume and projection.

A cutaway, regardless of what shape body it is on, will not noticeably affect tone. The area where the cutaway is tends to be very stiff from the bracing and not vibrate much to begin with. You can test this by playing a full body acoustic guitar and having a friend place his/her hand on the cutaway spot and then listen for the tonal/volume difference. You'll hear it, maybe... but while you're playing the guitar regularly, it'll be unnoticeable.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i went out again today...i tried the maestro EJ-3 and fell in love with it...oh yeah, and the bass seemed a bit less sharper with the cutaway..tho, i actally think its the wood thats different..what i mean is that maybe the wood would be slightly different..
oh yeah...what are your views on jumbo and dreadnought? which do you prefer and why? facts about them would help too! thanks