ok so i just got a new inspire 1394 and an audio technica at 3035 condenser mic and i installed cubase le, but it doesnt recognizemy mic plugged in via the inspire. i have the inspire control panel installed and it sees the mic and it shows that it works, and if i plug my speakers directly in to the inspire, the mic works just fine, but cubase does not recognize it. anybody know what to do?
ok now its even weirder, cubase recognizes it and can record it but it has no audio when i play it back, but when i mix it down, it works. any ideas?
please somone help, spending 300 bucks on eqiupment that doesnt work is very frustrating. i know its just some setting that i have to change, but i dont know where or how to change it.
Relax...Sometimes you just have to wait for someone to get to your post. The R&R forums isn't as quick to respond as the others as there's not much "traffic" here.

It sounds like a setting issue, either in the control software for the interface, or in Cubase. Make sure you defaulted the interface as your playback and recording device though your Control Panel. Also make sure Cubase it set to record and playback though the interface.

You also are entitled to free phone and email support with PreSonus and Cubase now that you own their products. You can give them a call during the week and they should quickly walk you though anything and fix any problems.
when i go into my control panel, it shows 2 presonus icons that are exactly the same which i find is a little weird, but one of them shows that audio is coming in. i followed the directions in the manual as to setting it up in cubase, unless theres something else i have to do. when cubase is up, it shows that the microphone works, like the little eq thing on the side reacts to my voice, and when i record it has the squiggly lines that represent the audio, and when i mix it down into a wav file, i can hear it, it just doesnt work if i wanna play back the file in cubase....and sorry for getting a little demanding in my previous post
Quote by krazykxrider
when i go into my control panel, it shows 2 presonus icons that are exactly the same which i find is a little weird, but one of them shows that audio is coming in. i followed the directions in the manual as to setting it up in cubase, unless theres something else i have to do. when cubase is up, it shows that the microphone works, like the little eq thing on the side reacts to my voice, and when i record it has the squiggly lines that represent the audio, and when i mix it down into a wav file, i can hear it, it just doesnt work if i wanna play back the file in cubase....and sorry for getting a little demanding in my previous post

so .... you can record sound and the sound waves show up in the channel you're recording but when you play it back you cant hear anything? Uhh is the monitoring button active? its next to the record button on the channel, looks like a horn? Just throwing stuff out there trying to help
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
i went to the vst sytem link and the output just says main out 1 or i can pick main out 2 but neither of them work, and yes the monitoring button is active
Last edited by krazykxrider at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by krazykxrider
i went to the vst sytem link and the output just says main out 1 or i can pick main out 2 but neither of them work, and yes the monitoring button is active

Goto the Windows Control Panel, Sounds & Audio Devices, goto the Audio tab and see what the default Playback device is. If it is not the Inspire, change it to that.

Tony
it is set to the inspire and still nothing. i have vista do you think that could be complicating things?
Quote by krazykxrider
it is set to the inspire and still nothing. i have vista do you think that could be complicating things?

Are you sure that you don't have either the output muted on the Cubase mixer or the output volume turned way down? I use an Inspire (I record with Audacity but I have Cubase LE on that system as well and it works just fine)

Tony
im fairly sure but maybe not, i could hear everything if i use my built in mic on my laptop so i imagine its all turned up
Quote by krazykxrider
im fairly sure but maybe not, i could hear everything if i use my built in mic on my laptop so i imagine its all turned up

My mistake. I saw the speaker part and well kinda mis-read things.

On the Inspire Control Panel. Do you have the 48V button turned on and lit? And the boost (pre-amp) button turned on (and lit as well) for the channel that you have mic plugged into? Both of those have to be on for the mic to work. Set the mic volume down to about 1/3rd before turning both of those on to keep from blowing it out.

I don't think it's Vista...not yet

Tony
i just downloade audacity to see if the problem was just cubase, and it works fine with audacity, i just dont like audacities interface so i really would love to get cubase working
Okay...let me recap this so far.

You can record something in Cubase. You play it back and hear nothing. But if you Export an Audio Mixdown to a WAV file, and play that back using Windows Media Player or what ever, you can hear the sound.

I don't know what to say. You might want to read this article

http://www.cubase.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=10938&PagePosition=1

Or check in those forums. It should be working. I'm stumped

Tony
ok update! instead of plugging my speakers into my laptop, i plugged them directly into the inspire and then went to my control panel and set them as the out and that made cubase work, but on playback it is very crackly, and again audacity works just fine
Well the speakers should have been plugged into the Inspire box all along. That replaces the built in sound card on the lap top. I don't know for sure. You might want to call Presonus, they do have a decent techincal support and have them go over the whole setup with you

Tony
ya woops thought they went through the computer, but any ways ive given up on cubase and now im just using reaper which seems to work good