yeah for some reason the middle part of the end of my index finger will NOT get tough, so if im playing a barre chord with the E,A, and D strings, the A is buzzed or muted. Anyone have any tips on getting that bastard tough?

i would love you FOREVER
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
turn your finger alittle might help. like using the side of your finger. thats what i do when i do E to E bars.
my stuff
<><><><>
roland cube<---(anyone wanna buy it?)
b.c. rich mockingbird masterpiece<-----(is gunna get new electronics soon)
mxr 10-band EQ
crybaby 535Q wah <---(its awsome)
wont work with the stuff im doing. like barre chords but also playing single notes in general like the ending to The Dark Trail by TFoT. some sliding and hammerons going on so a weird finger position wont work-i tried
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Maybe it's just not pushing down on the string hard enough to get a chance to harden. I'd move it around until you can feel it pushing down on the string hard.
It may take more practice. One time I played until I literally bled. I couldn't play any more for a few days. After the recoup, my fingers were amazingly calloused.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
How long have you been having this problem and how often do you play?
A man, a woman, and a bad musician walk into a bar...

Lady GaGa orders a beer.
Just keep at it. Try barring and un-barring for at least 10 minutes a day (not necessarily 10 minutes in a row, just a combined daily total of 10 mins), maybe as a warmup before you practice, and your fingers will eventually get used to it. You have to push down kinda hard, it'll hurt at first, but it will stop.

I first learned by refusing to play an F chord unless I bar it. Eventually, I got used to barring for F, and when I learned about other bar chords, my fingers were already ready for them.

The best advice I can give you is that it happens to everyone who's new to bar chords, so don't feel bad if it takes a while. It takes a long time for most people. But once you get it down, you won't have to re-learn it. It sticks for life
Practice, practice, practice. Remember the first time you ever played a note? A chord? Its like trying to play left handed (if your right handed) today. You've already come a long way!
Martin DM 641060
take a bath get your fingers wrinkley and then push hard and run fingers down and up strings till the skin comes off.
my stuff
<><><><>
roland cube<---(anyone wanna buy it?)
b.c. rich mockingbird masterpiece<-----(is gunna get new electronics soon)
mxr 10-band EQ
crybaby 535Q wah <---(its awsome)
The first week that I bought my guitar I took lessons. My instructor heard me complain so much about my fingers hurting and my hand cramping he told me to go out and buy new strings. I bought them and restrung my Strat with 12s and didn't know it. After 3 months of playing with 12s he told me to go out and buy 10s and stay on those. I never complained again and once I scaled down I was able to do barre chords easily and my fingers didn't hurt anymore. Maybeh try that to get those parts really hard then go back. Just a suggestion.