ok, so when i go play my "rust in peace" cd, it play the first song, and as it goes to hangar 18, it'll play it for 15 seconds, then make a crackle, and basiccally pause itself, and i dont touch the cd player, now, the cd plays in my laptop and car stereo, and there are no scratches/fungerprints on it.

tl;dr my cd pauses it self in my cd player

help?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
This will sound stupid. Just a warning.

When I was in junior high I had a garbage old CD player. It did something similar to this, so I gave it to my dad to fix it. He dropped it on the garage floor, and lo and behold! it worked.

Drop it on concrete.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

The mods need to start warning people who use TL, DR too much. It isn't needed unless your post takes up more than a couple paragraphs.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
The mods need to start warning people who use TL, DR too much. It isn't needed unless your post takes up more than a couple paragraphs.

i don't put it past some people here who reply tl;dr for one liners anymore.
Quote by thsrayas

I dunno, why not just get people to say something like: to sum up, or , in short etc

Then us old fogies wouldn't have to google TL;DR

TS - lens cleaner or get a new one.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by thsrayas

whats tl dr
can u expain me how it works?
thanks!

EDIT for get it i just googled xD
Quote by thsrayas

i agree, or if its requested by someone. this is the second thread in quick succession with a tl;dr for no reason.
Quote by cuthbertg
I dunno, why not just get people to say something like: to sum up, or , in short etc

Then us old fogies wouldn't have to google TL;DR

TS - lens cleaner or get a new one.

My point was that people don't need to have a TL; DR if their post is short like TS's post in this thread.

And get with the lingo or get off my internets.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by stephen_rettie
i agree, or if its requested by someone. this is the second thread in quick succession with a tl;dr for no reason.

I agree also.

I wonder if the mods would enforce it. On one hand it's annoying cause it's so overused, on the other, because it's so overused, it'd be a lot of work for mods.

But I'm sure it annoys the hell out of some, if not all, the mods.
Quote by thsrayas
My point was that people don't need to have a TL; DR if their post is short like TS's post in this thread.

And get with the lingo or get off my internets.

I know what you are saying and I agree, I'm just being a grumpy old man

But if you look up, you'll notice someone else asking the question 'what does TL;DR mean?"

Surely in this case it's better to use proper words 'an stuff cos it's only more efficient for the person writing it?
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by Tire Me.
I agree also.

I wonder if the mods would enforce it. On one hand it's annoying cause it's so overused, on the other, because it's so overused, it'd be a lot of work for mods.

But I'm sure it annoys the hell out of some, if not all, the mods.

Well if they stop it now instead of letting it grow then it wouldn't be as big of a problem.

Quote by cuthbertg
I know what you are saying and I agree, I'm just being a grumpy old man

But if you look up, you'll notice someone else asking the question 'what does TL;DR mean?"

Surely in this case it's better to use proper words 'an stuff cos it's only more efficient for the person writing it?

I see what you mean, but I'm sure a majority of people in the Pit know what TL;DR means and if they don't a simple Google search will answer it in a few seconds.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Last edited by thsrayas at Dec 15, 2008,
you guys wanna stop complaining, us PM or stop, i was asking for help and you just bitch
just for you,

TL;DR quit bitching, you picky pants
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by nowa90
you guys wanna stop complaining, us PM or stop, i was asking for help and you just bitch
just for you,

TL;DR quit bitching, you picky pants

hehe - sorry mate, but yeah, try a lense cleaner
I think tl;dr is ok when it's used in the right situation. It may be annoying, but I don't think the mods should ban it. Why don't they go ahead and ban all memes. then we wouldn't be able to talk at all because speech in itself is a meme. problem solved.

On topic: get a piece of very rough sandpaper, like 50 grit and get after that cd. works every time!

(no, I have no idea how to fix it)
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I think tl;dr is ok when it's used in the right situation. It may be annoying, but I don't think the mods should ban it. Why don't they go ahead and ban all memes. then we wouldn't be able to talk at all because speech in itself is a meme. problem solved.

On topic: get a piece of very rough sandpaper, like 50 grit and get after that cd. works every time!

(no, I have no idea how to fix it)

I think it's fine if the post is long enough but lately people are starting to use TL;DR for something that's ridiculously small, like a two sentence post.

And to TS, you already got your answer: try cleaning the lens.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows