Poll: Can they feel emotions?
Poll Options
View poll results: Can they feel emotions?
Oui-Both
12 57%
Non-both
2 10%
Oui-Tamable
0 0%
Non-Tamable
0 0%
To some Extent-Tamable
1 5%
To some extent-Non-tamable
0 0%
Iunno
6 29%
Voters: 21.
hey. I searchbarred!

I have 3 questions- Mainly dealing with animals.

1. Can tamable animals feel emotions?

2. Can non-tamable animals feel emotions ?

3. Is there any difference between the two?

NOTE: Non-tamable is referring to not commonly attempted to tame as well.
If you were to take a domesticated house cat and strike it on the head a few times daily, it would eventually cower when you raise your hand. That emotion is called fear. So of course they have emotion. Undomesticated animals will have the same emotion. Do certain animals not run away when you approach them? That is also fear. Is there any difference between the two? The only difference is that one may be in your home and the other may not be.

/thread

Oh, also. Think of this:

Most animals have the same insides as us (to an extent). They all have brains. Brains are what produce certain neruological effects that cause us to have emotions. We have brains, they have brains. Of course animals have emotions, silly!
wow umm... go ask peta although theyll probably be slightly biased. not slightly. they will be.
either way its bad - i dont know animals
Well they have very few emotions, hungry, tired, etc...
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by Daffodil Lament
If you were to take a domesticated house cat and strike it on the head a few times daily, it would eventually cower when you raise your hand. That emotion is called fear. So of course they have emotion. Undomesticated animals will have the same emotion. Do certain animals not run away when you approach them? That is also fear. Is there any difference between the two? The only difference is that one may be in your home and the other may not be.

/thread

Oh, also. Think of this:

Most animals have the same insides as us (to an extent). They all have brains. Brains are what produce certain neruological effects that cause us to have emotions. We have brains, they have brains. Of course animals have emotions, silly!

thank you sir you saved me much time wasted on typing.
Quote by Daffodil Lament

/thread

Oh, also. Think of this:

But (@ Bold) Couldn't that just be knowledge in a way? It's not fear as much as it's just the knowledge of what that person will do.
All animals feel emotions. Even mushrooms do.

Edit: Actually, I have no idea where the mushrooms came from. But yeah, all animals feel emotions. Sorry.
Quote by dubstar92
Well they have very few emotions, hungry, tired, etc...

Very few? But dogs are able to feel envious.

Animals can feel angry, hungry, depressed, excited, exhausted, scared, etc.

Humans feel all those as well.

So humans have very few emotions, then...

Hm...
Quote by zzeazz
But (@ Bold) Couldn't that just be knowledge in a way? It's not fear as much as it's just the knowledge of what that person will do.

It is knowledge. The knowledge is that when that newspaper strikes you, you feel pain. Pain is not something you want to feel, so you're scared of it.
Hunger isn't an emotion. It's a need for food, and it's slowly killing yourself. Too tired to explain, but it's not an emotion.
it could be argued in a way that all emotion is knowledge played out in a certain fashion.
It can also be proven that many animals are very smart.

Yes, animals feel emotion.
fear is the easiest to demonstrate such as with the above example.
jealousy is also easily visible. (I pet one dog the other sees me and pushes first dog out of the way so I pet it)

I personally feel that they do have emotions and even if they don't, they feel at the very least. of this last part there is no doubt.

-Ryan
Quote by Daffodil Lament
Very few? But dogs are able to feel envious.

Animals can feel angry, hungry, depressed, excited, exhausted, scared, etc.

Humans feel all those as well.

So humans have very few emotions, then...

Hm...

So that is the extent of human emotions...

Quote by TheMidasTouch
Bears have emotions. All they show is pure hatred.

But bears have cognition, so this thread doesn't apply to them.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Last edited by dubstar92 at Dec 15, 2008,
Quote by dubstar92
So that is the extent of human emotions...

But bears have cognition, so this thread doesn't apply to them.

But either way, anything that big with cognition is easily mankinds largest threat. They should all be immediately evacuated to Mars.. oh wait.
Quote by TheMidasTouch
But either way, anything that big with cognition is easily mankinds largest threat. They should all be immediately evacuated to Mars.. oh wait.

Or have we spread ourselves across the universe...

edit: and on topic. The question is, by emotion do you mean they know what they are feeling, or they just feel it without understanding it.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by TheMidasTouch
Damn already, Were still here on this mist ridden planet. but its bearless.

Yes, we will confirm your belief that we have interplanetary space travel.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by TheMidasTouch
we have Charizard, and whats that you say Zapdos. Thats right.

I think we go the pokemon thing covered when we befriended foxes.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by TheMidasTouch
Mwahaha We are God

*ice-beam*
grok it.

SKREAM!