So I basically know I'm getting an Epi Valve Jr for christmas, and I LOVE the tone on it when its overdriven, but because its only one channel and the volume controls the tone I cant play loud cleans. So I was wondering two things:
A) Can I mod a second Valve Jr to stay clean at high Volumes?
B) Can I set my rig so that a footswitch will switch which head going into the cab?

Thanks to all
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Just roll your volume knob down for cleans....
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Sorry if I didnt mention this, I want equally loud cleans.

Quote by bogg808

Well, you won't get them from a valve junior, it doesn't have enough power.
Thats why I asked if I could mod one, I hear they're super easy to mod. But I dont know much about modding them. Then theres also the question of two heads into one cab?

Quote by bogg808

Yeah, I think there are mods for more clean headroom, but you're still limited by the amp only having 5 watts. If you want an amp that can switch from OD to cleans then the valve junior might not be the amp for you.
you can run a cab in stereo and then a/b switch your guitar's signal between them.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Yeah, I think there are mods for more clean headroom, but you're still limited by the amp only having 5 watts. If you want an amp that can switch from OD to cleans then the valve junior might not be the amp for you.

I really like its clean and distorted sound. and being able to overdrive it at low volumes is a biiig plus, and I'm not playing anything like a big show...so it doesnt matter about the low wattage, I can always mic it.

Quote by bogg808

If you need a clean amp I wouldn't get another valve junior. Something like a cube 60 or something might work well.
Or a Fender Champ 600
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals