Page 1 of 3
Anyone in the Pit have a famous person in there family which were not famous for good reasons?

I'll tell you my story.
The man's name is George Wilder, any Kiwis ask there parents, maybe they'll know him

George Wilder is my Pop's (My mother's father) cousin, George was arrested in the `60s and taken to Mount Eden prison to do 8 months for stealing a motorcycle.

My father said that George broke out of the prison before that time was up, he said that my Pop would have parties with him were George and a lot of his friends would stand around for photos and they would all have there arms over one another's shoulder, but the man in the middle, George, would have his eyes covered by his hands to save his identity.

There are stories out there that while George was on the run from the police that he would break into a house and eat the food and then leave a note saying "Georgie was here, sorry I ate the baked beans" and so on, George has told me this story and said he only did that a few times, but when others began to do it, it helped George out a lot because people would be leaving notes in Taupo whilst he was in Wellington , or notes in Lower Hutt whilst he was in Auckland.

George broke out of Mt Eden many times, one time he broke out and a search party began to find him, the search party grouped at the start then broke off into the Rangers looking for Georgie, there was a photo in the Western Leader (a local newspaper) where you can see alot of the members of the search party, and if you look closely you can see George in the back of the search party, SEARCHING FOR HIMSELF!

George was an amazing bushman because he hunted a lot and my father, and Pop went along with him, one time the police chased him through the Waitakere Rangers with police dogs, Georgie said this was very complicated as he was the only human scent in the Rangers, he said he'd run for A VERY LONG time with the dogs chasing him, he told me one time he swam across a very fast flowing river and the dogs continued to chase him, one gave up at the river but the other tried to cross and continue the chase, unfortunately the dog got caught and began to drown, George told me that when he heard the dogs howls in pain he felt extremely bad so he decided to turn back and save the drowning dog, when he did he got out of the river and began to run again, but the dog ran beside him and he said "It was my best pal for a while"

My dad said one Christmas, a few days before Georgie Wilder broke out of Mt Eden prison for about the third time. He broke out and went to Newmarket, which is a few hundred meters down the road, and stole 3-4 turkeys and returned to the prison.

Sorry for the massive wall of text, but George Wilder is a folk hero in New Zealand, and i'm very proud of him being in my family. Luckly I got the honour of meeting him last year at The Triplet's 21st (my mother's cousins)

The man ended up with 22 years from that motorcycle theft, he never harmed anyone and was respected by a lot of people, including Tim Shadbolt.

Please, feel free to share your own stories.
Well, I rape puppies.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
That is pretty badass
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Ever heard of a guy by the name of Abraham Lincoln...

Well I've heard of him too.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
lol was this just an excuse to tell us how awesome your uncle is? Well 2 of my uncles are firemen!
one of my distant uncles worked with einstein... i think thats pretty intense.
I asked Papa Adolf, but he got really angry and wouldn't answer me.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by kezzaguy
lol was this just an excuse to tell us how awesome your uncle is? Well 2 of my uncles are firemen!

No, no it isn't, and also, it isn't my uncle.
I come from the same Austrian mountain complex and gene sample as Arnold Schwarzenegger
ohai little sig.
nobody infamous, but a CONSTRUCTIVE awnset, my grandads uncle was blown up by ww1 "practice " shells soem boys found in the local beach, he was a police man, and waited by them for someone with more experience to come, and one went off.
whis was Post ww1 and pre ww2
and another relative was ploughing a field with a horse, and a Me 109 on patrol ( this would be battle of britain 1940) swooped down and started strafing him, so he threw down his horse and used his horse for cover, Poor pon didnt survive Relative did
My great grandfather was the first doctor in my town, now our hospital is named after him "mills memorial hospital". I was also born on the same day as him except im a stoner/metalhead and he was a doctor.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Quote by Van-Hayden
Anyone in the Pit have a famous person in there family who was famous for bad reasons?

Fixed.

As for me, I'm not sure. Except for someone who went by the last name of Himmler.
Quote by 51VH50

On a particular bomb? Or was he even part of developing that?
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
my great uncle was a historian and traced our family tree back pretty far. according to him we r descendents of Aaron Burr, the man who dueled with Thomas Jefferson's vice presdident and killed him and became the new vice president.
Edit: why did I read "family" as "area"???

I think I'm a distant relative of Kurt Cobain.
Some relative of mine was robbie/ bobby burns or something, supposed to be a poet
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

My wife had sex with KISS, so now whenever I have sex with her, it is like I'm having sex with KISS.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
My great-great grandfather was a caper of baked goods in all the land of Penfilvania. A most trickerous fellow he was, however he meant no egregious harm in the least way against the authorities, or "bags of douché " as they called them back in those days.
Last edited by thewho65 at Dec 15, 2008,
Quote by thrashster
My great grandfather was the first doctor in my town, now our hospital is named after him "mills memorial hospital". I was also born on the same day as him except im a stoner/metalhead and he was a doctor.

That's really cool

Quote by dubstar92
My wife had sex with KISS, so now whenever I have sex with her, it is like I'm having sex with KISS.

Wow. How long ago did you get married? You're 16 right?
Last edited by Van-Hayden at Dec 15, 2008,
I'm descended from a guy named Abra Clark, he signed the Declaration of Independence.
Oh Infamous

My uncle got fired from the newspaper because he pissed everybody off with his Satire?
Yeah that's it.

The Declaration of Independence thing is true though.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by monkeysintheday
I'm descended from a guy named Abra Clark, he signed the Declaration of Independence.
Oh Infamous

My uncle got fired from the newspaper because he pissed everybody off with his Satire?
Yeah that's it.

The Declaration of Independence thing is true though.

Whoa, Declaration of Independence sweet.
I've got dead relatives that were lieutenants to Al Capone.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
My dad played Black Sabbath on sunday at his high schools radio station

HUGE uproar ensued
My great grandfather was good friends with Pancho Villa. He attended his wedding.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by 51VH50

Holy shit, that's amazing.

One of my grandparents parents invented a popular blackout cap for your car headlights in WWII.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
My uncle is a ****ed up bastard. He did a lot of drugs, got sent to rehab, broke out of rehab, cut up a guy into assorted pieces(Don't know what he did with those pieces) went to jail for that, broke out and he lives in the little town called Tlazazalca. You can see him in the plaza dancing around like an idiot with a beer in his hand and a hat on the floor. Everyone knows him, and everyone hates him.
My family isn't great lol, my mother's cousin once tied a guy up and tortured him because he stole his work tools :S
I'm related to abe lincoln believe it or not. I swear to God I'm not kidding, my grandma does all this ancestry stuff. He is my 9th great grandpa somehow. And I dont remember how exactly but I'm related to John C. Calhoun, a former vice president. Never heard of him before that but its cool I guess.

I also have my uncle Mike...............he's in prison for life.
Quote by Titansfan920
I'm related to abe lincoln believe it or not. I swear to God I'm not kidding, my grandma does all this ancestry stuff. He is my 9th great grandpa somehow. And I dont remember how exactly but I'm related to John C. Calhoun, a former vice president. Never heard of him before that but its cool I guess.

I also have my uncle Mike...............he's in prison for life.

What for? And life over here is only 13 years
my mom was best friends with joe perry's sister throughout high school and some of college. She says that he was always in his room playing guitar... go figure
Quote by lateralus562
my mom was best friends with joe perry's sister throughout high school and some of college. She says that he was always in his room playing guitar... go figure

Whoa that's awesome, does your mum still catch up with his sister?

Ask her if she ever did it with him, that would be SWEEEEET
Quote by Van-Hayden
What for? And life over here is only 13 years

They wouldnt quite tell me. I know he used to run chop-shops, where he would steal cars and sell them, he was really heavy on drugs, I know he used to drive a log truck and once a log came off and hit a car and he just drove off. Idk if the person was killed or not. And I'm sure theres more.

Its weird, knowing him in person, he is one of the nicest coolest people you would ever meet. But away from the family his demons just got the best of him.
Page 1 of 3