Hey guys, newbie question here.
What are the differences (pros/cons) of having a Head + Cabinet Amp vs Combo Amp of same kind?
For example, having a Orange AD30HTC Head and Orange 2 x 12 Cabinet vs Orange AD30HTC Combo Amp, the price comes out almost the same.

I would guess that Heads are used for live performances when you have to hook up to multiple Cabinets and Combo for home/practice use?

Let me knows

Thanks!
Hmm, well with heads cabs you can mix match heads and cabs easier, it's easier to try different speakers with the same amp and is generally the easiest way to have a closed back with a tube amp. Combos are more compact.

To me a head + 2x12 combo is extremely versatile and easy to transport. A 1x12 combo is easy to transport as well. 2x12 combos tend to be very heavy. A 4x12 is not necessarily too heavy, but they are large and can be difficult to get in cars.

But to answer you main question, one style of amp is not suited for gigging more than another.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Versatility is the main thing you get with heads and cabs. With a combo what you get is what you get, but you can mix and match heads and cabs for a specific amp tone or quality. And you can also build up more wattage with multiple cabs and heads.

Gigging is mainly dependent upon the wattage of your amp. You don't need a head and cab to do a gig (although it is cooler looking in my opinion). The only thing you would really need that for is a large audience because you can get (by combinding heads and cabs) a larger wattage. But for the most part, amatuer gigs only need around 75 watts (50+ is good).

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
Versatility is the main thing you get with heads and cabs. With a combo what you get is what you get, but you can mix and match heads and cabs for a specific amp tone or quality. And you can also build up more wattage with multiple cabs and heads.

Gigging is mainly dependent upon the wattage of your amp. You don't need a head and cab to do a gig (although it is cooler looking in my opinion). The only thing you would really need that for is a large audience because you can get (by combinding heads and cabs) a larger wattage. But for the most part, amatuer gigs only need around 75 watts (50+ is good).

a 15 watt tube amp would be plenty, or a 30 or so watt SS amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
some people like the options of having a separate cabinet. One because it lets them choose the speakers they way, and two it allows them to buy a cabinet that is tuned the way they want.