Anything I should be cautious of before I buy a MIM strat?

I recently played one and fell in love with the neck and whammy bar. I know I should try before I buy, which I plan to do, so please tell me of any things I should be on the look out for.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
if you plan on using whammy bars, don't buy a guitar with it. get something with a floyd rose. whammy bars cause guitars to go out of tune as soon as you use it, no lie. so if you plan on using the whammy, get a strat with a floyd or don't use the whammy
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
if you plan on using whammy bars, don't buy a guitar with it. get something with a floyd rose. whammy bars cause guitars to go out of tune as soon as you use it, no lie. so if you plan on using the whammy, get a strat with a floyd or don't use the whammy

Don't listen to this guy... if you stay away from divebombs your strings will be fine.
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
I didn't plan on doing divebombs anyway.

Still, what are some things I should be on the look out for?
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
Well I've heard that some MIMs are hit and miss, some amazing, some crap, so make sure you try out the one you plan on buying first, but I wouldn't worry too much.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Definately play afew before you buy.Mine stays in tune fine.If ya do alot of string bending you'll want to add a spring to the trem and adjust as needed.
I own 3 MIM Fenders, a 1996 Deluxe Fat Strat, 2001 Standard Strat, 2002 Telecaster, and soon to own a 2003 Classic series 50's Strat. Each one of these guitars are nice examples of quality guitars at a reasonable price. I have bought them all used in very good to excellent condition, and paid around $200 for each. Fender has done us guitarists a big favor by offereing these guitars. I would never be able to afford 4 MIA Fenders right now ( maybe someday). I think you should play the guitar first, then decide if it is right for you, and the price is right.
1966 Harmony H-14 Bobkat
1974 Ibanez Les Paul Custom 2350
1980 Ibanez BL-300NT Blazer
1987 Fender Stratocaster 72' RI Pink Paisley
1990 Fender HM Strat
1996 Fender Stratocaster Fat Strat
1998 Epiphone Sheraton II
I've recently bought a MIM Classic 60s Strat and I'm not disappointed with it in terms of build quality, looks or sound. I think it's great value for money. The only slight drawback is that I've had it set up with the bridge flat to the body. Unlike MIA Strats, it isn't possible to use the whammy at all from this position - the innards just don't line up. That's what the tech told me anyway (I didn't get the guitar from him and I trust him as he's done great set ups for me in the past). Anyway, that's a very minor drawback to me. Good huntin'
Stuff:

Ibanez SZ720FM (Duncan Distortion and a 59)
Fender 60s (Mex) Strat - (SD vintage pups)
Blackstar HT5
EHX Metal Muff
Digitech Weapon
I recently bought the MIM standard strat and it is a good guitar. The one I tried out in the shop before getting my own was also good. As long as you get it from a good shop then you will be fine. Mine has a nice playing action and a decent tone as well.
Fender Standards are actually really good quality, usually set up to there best, the tremelo system is more durable than people make out, the only thing id consider changing is the pickups, fender do go cheap on this bit, get yourself some noiseless single coils
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
As long as you put graphite in the nut, the tremolo is pretty stable. I wail on mine all the time. I really should post an MP3 of that as a way of saying "stfu" to the FR purists...

Anyway, their hit-and-miss. Some have great feel, bad pickups, some have wonderful pickups, a god-awful neck. Some are all-bad. Some are brilliant. Some you'll need to mod the hell out of, others(like my own personal one. ) are fine stock, even the pickups in some respects. As long as you find a good one you'll be set with it; just make sure to buy the exact one you try, not one from the back or anything, due to the hit-and-miss quality of them. As an owner of one though, for $400(or the $220 used I payed for mine), I've got no complaints.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54