Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, I tried out the 333 the other day and was quite impressed, but the store didn't have it's slightly more expensive brother the 333XL in stock, so I was wondering if anyone here had tried the two out. Of course the XL would be slightly superior in that it has a few extra features...but are they really worth it? In addition, the XL comes with EL34 valves instead of 6L6, and I'm not sure I want to fork out the extra cash to replace them if I find I prefer 6L6es...Also what is your general opinion on these amps?
I've tried them before, while their great amps, i wont be getting them. Mostly because i dont have the money for a half stack YET, and i have my eyes on a diferent brand.
But its really your own opinion. Is there any way of trying the other one out at all?
Nope.

Save up get something better.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Nope.

Save up get something better.

Define "Better." Life? Durability? The TS will be fine as long as he's not chuckin' his amps down staircases... or letting it sit in humid, smoke filled rooms for extended periods of time.

In my opinion, Even the 6260, which goes for 499USD, gives the Vintage Modern a challenger. The Marshall is over three times as expensive and felt much less flexible. Don't get me wrong, I love the vintage modern. But there's no way in hell I'm forking out $2250 bucks for a half stack.

I tend to believe that Marshalls are generally twice as expensive as I would be willing to pay for them. That extra 50% is the name Marshall.

True vintage marshalls are a different story. *orgasm face*
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
i got a 6262 and it broke a week after i got it. so be careful, your either gunna get a great one or a bad one. its hit or miss with them, i got unlucky.
Quote by Dime_forever08
i got a 6262 and it broke a week after i got it. so be careful, your either gunna get a great one or a bad one. its hit or miss with them, i got unlucky.

Sorry to hear that. What happened to it?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Sorry to hear that. What happened to it?

Probably nothing, just like what happened to BOTH my 333's. They are unreliable at best, one shouldn't have to open an amp up and void the warranty just to make sure all the wires are tightened.

At least when you buy a marshall everythings connected.

Oh and better = 6505.

Get the real deal.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Shallow is correct, I have about AUD1000 that I can use for this amp right now, and then I'm moving to go to uni, then I'll be spending my cash on rent, not amps. So saving up for a 6505 is not a very realistic option. Sesstreets' story about two 333s breaking on him is a bit disconcerting though.
I loved the 6505+
Until I heard you have to crank it to 3 to get some distortion out of it.

Which (Volume Level) 3 in 120W of tube translates to gigging levels of sound.

I'd definitely say get a Bugera
Just fix it though.
Especially that clip right behind the transformer or something.

There's a blog that explains the steps here on UG
Damn I can't find it.
I added it to my favorites
But where the hell do you go to find "Your Favorites"
Someone else know of this blog?

EDIT:
Yeah, I take that back about cranking it to 3.
You just crank the pre-gain and adjust with the post-gain.
Last edited by huevos at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by huevos
I loved the 6505+
Until I heard you have to crank it to 3 to get some distortion out of it.

You're doing it wrong.
???

6505+ setting:

Pre-gain 8
Eq whatever
Post-gain 1

Sounded fine to me.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
if you play jack johnson and john mayer type music, then this is def. not the amp for you my friend.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Yeh its more of a rock/metal based amp. Well thats what Bugera describe it as.
Behringer makes really good quality stacks IMO. Ultrastack BG412H and BG412F. Their like $380 and they sounds really good. Natural breaking point for the speakers which i think is cool.

If you want a cheaper, non-tube amp, the TBX150H is probably the best in the price range. Under $480. Really good for a metal sound. Not the amp for cleans tho

On your profile it says u like some rock/metal bands or something along those lines. Details? Wait why not tell us the stuff u wanna play etc.
Are you sure you'll need a stack in your room/flat whatever anyway? The sound will be pretty dominating, or will you be gigging in your spare time? I know id rather have a half stack then combo but if only a small place is it worth it??
Last edited by ShallowEndings at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by andy_h04
blogs on beerchurch's user profile
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BeerChurch/

Your solution. Anyone who can use a screwdriver and their hands can do this. Also once your warranty is up if you're good with a soldering iron you can cut the clips and directly solder the wires to the amp giving you a damn solid amp for teh cheaps!
Quote by ShallowEndings
How long is warranty on those things anyways? 12 months?

A year manufacturer's and I'm sure wherever you will buy it will have their own 12 month or two year warranty giving you 2-3 years coverage.
I have the 333xl but didn't really made a different after using the noise gate. Only works on one channel. I would suggest to get the 333 to save a few bucks.

By the way, I have a randall head, peavey triple xxx, marshall head and a bugera 333xl. I tell you want I like my bugera sound better than my peavey xxx. I use a marshall 1960A cab built 1970. The combination of Bugera 333xl and the Marshall cab is amazing. Surprisng for an inexpensive head.

Also, use an EMG 81/85 with this Head, guarantee you'll love it.

Good luck.
Quote by chea_man
if you play jack johnson and john mayer type music, then this is def. not the amp for you my friend.

Ahh yes that would be my solo project you're referring to dude, I'm actually also in a Death Metal band.
Quote by YetAnotherMuso
Ahh yes that would be my solo project you're referring to dude, I'm actually also in a Death Metal band.

Awesome, so you decided you want to get one yet or what are you thinking.
Quote by ShallowEndings
Awesome, so you decided you want to get one yet or what are you thinking.

Well I went and read all the Bugera horror stories going around here and started feeling a little uncertain, and then actually asked the guy in the store about those issues. He was aware of them and told me that the new models have rectified a lot of those problems, apparently the little electronic clips that were causing problems have been replaced by just hard wiring, and the problem with the transformer has been fixed, and he was of the opinion that as long as I checked the valves were seated properly after transit etc I shouldn't have a problem. In addition, they offer a 2 year warranty so it's going to take something pretty significant to convince me not to get one.
I'd probably suggest the 333. I love my 333XL, but I do kinda wish it had the Damping Switch that you only get on the 333, which allows you to tighten up, or loosen, the bottom end. It's a feature I find myself wanting more than the XL Switch and Noise Gate.

But, also, keep in mind both amps produce different tones.
I've got a bugera 333xl and I like the thing. It never has broke down and Ive had it from the day they came out. It's not my peavey 6505.. but it can hang with it.
Quote by YetAnotherMuso
Well I went and read all the Bugera horror stories going around here and started feeling a little uncertain, and then actually asked the guy in the store about those issues. He was aware of them and told me that the new models have rectified a lot of those problems, apparently the little electronic clips that were causing problems have been replaced by just hard wiring, and the problem with the transformer has been fixed, and he was of the opinion that as long as I checked the valves were seated properly after transit etc I shouldn't have a problem. In addition, they offer a 2 year warranty so it's going to take something pretty significant to convince me not to get one.

Its easy for ppl to talk dirt on behringer or bugera products because half of them either got duds or are taking the word of someone else.
As for the wiring and all, your better of looking inside for yourself just to be sure. I'm sure if a company like bugera 'gets so many complaints' then they'd consider the fact that something major or minor should be done.
And the valves, the ones that are shipped with it are the cheap chinese versions, so your best bet is replacing them with a trusted brand of tubes.
And with 2 years warranty thats plenty of time to fiddle around with the settings and see if its for you, or if it breaks down it can be replaced. I say go for it and when you've got one if you do, give us some reviews
Save up for a good amp, Bugeras are rip offs, the highest quality parts in them are the transformers, and those are poor quality. If you want a good amp, look at some Peaveys, Mesa Boogies, Kranks, Marshalls, and VHTs. I myself have played through a bunch of Mesas, VHTs and Peaveys and they sound great, are priced good and sound great.
guitargod have you played the amp before? i dont think so..
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Quote by Guitargod12345
Save up for a good amp, Bugeras are rip offs, the highest quality parts in them are the transformers, and those are poor quality. If you want a good amp, look at some Peaveys, Mesa Boogies, Kranks, Marshalls, and VHTs. I myself have played through a bunch of Mesas, VHTs and Peaveys and they sound great, are priced good and sound great.

Like i've said before, we all dont have money like that to spend, and these days there's better amps then peaveys or mesas for a massive price difference.
Quote by ShallowEndings
Like i've said before, we all dont have money like that to spend, and these days there's better amps then peaveys or mesas for a massive price difference.

Er...no

Having played both the bugera amps and a couple mesa and peavey models I have to say that if you expect the Bugeras to beat say a double or triple rec then you're going to be let down,because they don't in any category besides price IMO.That being said the Bugera models are affordable,good sounding,fairly versatile tube amps for the musician on a budget.I played a 6260 and a 333 and the distortion is nice and the cleans are decent,but not amazing.If they have fixed the problems that the early models have and you don't have the cash to spend on a high end tube amp then I don't see anything wrong in picking one up.Personally, I was going to get one but decided to wait it out until I have enough to get my dream amp and not settle for less but that's just me.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

So, er, what exactly is the FX Loop and how does it work? I just keep accidentally hitting it instead of lead and just losing my volume. So far, it's just a volume decrease button (and I know that's not what it's for :P). ¬_¬
Quote by Pr0gNut
Er...no

Having played both the bugera amps and a couple mesa and peavey models I have to say that if you expect the Bugeras to beat say a double or triple rec then you're going to be let down,because they don't in any category besides price IMO.That being said the Bugera models are affordable,good sounding,fairly versatile tube amps for the musician on a budget.I played a 6260 and a 333 and the distortion is nice and the cleans are decent,but not amazing.If they have fixed the problems that the early models have and you don't have the cash to spend on a high end tube amp then I don't see anything wrong in picking one up.Personally, I was going to get one but decided to wait it out until I have enough to get my dream amp and not settle for less but that's just me.

No lol anyone would know a bugera wouldnt BEAT a rectifier or whatver, but the tone with solid state amps these days (not specificially bugera) is fairly close to those high end amps.
Quote by ShallowEndings
No lol anyone would know a bugera wouldnt BEAT a rectifier or whatver, but the tone with solid state amps these days (not specificially bugera) is fairly close to those high end amps.

The bugera isnt a solid state amp. It's an all tube amp.
i dont care what these guys say about trashing bugera, the one i played completely blew me away(it was either a 333 or a 333xl).
Get it.
You can replace the tubes and everything later, and you'll only notice a 10% difference in tone anyways.
And the one i played was the best sounding amp i've ever played, next to a JVM.
I have never played a mesa though.
but i have played a peavey triple xxx, and the bugera kicked its ass.
i have the xl and really enjoy it for the price. however, i LOVE the mesa tone and really want a dual rectifier. i plan to get one soon, but i was also in a bit of a pinch since i needed a new head in just a few days. id say save for something a lil better, but the xl is pretty sweet too.
Alright,
I went to my local shop last week.

Tried out the 6505+
I was like "holy ****, this is awesome"
Jammed out it for a while

Then I tried a Bugera 6260
I was blown away, it definitely keeps up with the 6505+
In my opinion the 6505 is abit better. It has crazy amounts of bass though (even turning it down)
But I think with a tube replacement it would sound just like a 6505

Plus the Bugera was on sale for $300.
I couldn't resist.
and with the money saved you can retube it, get a badass cab, and then some
Quote by sesstreets
Probably nothing, just like what happened to BOTH my 333's. They are unreliable at best, one shouldn't have to open an amp up and void the warranty just to make sure all the wires are tightened.

At least when you buy a marshall everythings connected.

Oh and better = 6505.

Get the real deal.

Do your research next time.

Tightening wires won't void the warranty, cutting them, and then soldering them will, but everything that you need to do in order to improve it's life won't void the warranty. All you need to do is:
Tighten Chasis screws
Make sure all wires are connected completely, push them in if they're loose, etc.
Bias tubes

Approx time: 30-45 minutes.

Baisically, it's a $500-600 amp that sounds as great as an amp in the thousands of dollars.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by huevos
Alright,
I went to my local shop last week.

Tried out the 6505+
I was like "holy ****, this is awesome"
Jammed out it for a while

Then I tried a Bugera 6260
I was blown away, it definitely keeps up with the 6505+
In my opinion the 6505 is abit better. It has crazy amounts of bass though (even turning it down)
But I think with a tube replacement it would sound just like a 6505

Plus the Bugera was on sale for $300.
I couldn't resist.
and with the money saved you can retube it, get a badass cab, and then some

Did you try the 333's out? cause this is what the threads about.
Quote by ShallowEndings
Did you try the 333's out? cause this is what the threads about.

Yeah, sorry I kinda went off topic there then
My local shop was out of 333's last week

But I've tried one before
They seem to crank out the same amout of gain. (The 333 and 6260)
But I can't say much because I was more "noob-ish" back then

But I prefer the 6260 style more
Page 1 of 2