Hello everyone I am looking to put together a home studio. After doing some research and figuring out what I might get I just wanted to see what anyone thinks about the equipment I am looking at. I would like to use this not only for my projects but also make some cash recording other bands. Any suggestions would be great.

Presonus Firestudio Tube
KRK Rokit 8's
Akai midi keyboard
Presonus Headphone amp and phones
guitar mics-2 SM57
Drum mics- snare- 2 SM57
bass drum- AKG D112
overheads- 2 AKG C1000
Acoustic guitar AKG C1000
Room treatments including foam and bass traps
Running Logic Express into my MacBook
Cables
Stands

Any thoughts about a vocal mic?

Suggestions? Thoughts?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
try a large diaphram condenser mic for vocals and something for the kick drum too
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I have some experience mixing in studios I have been in at school. So I am not a complete noob but it will be something I will be working on before I try and bring in bands to record.
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
The D112 will be fine for kick. Also check the D12, the EV RE-20, and the Sennheiser e602.

For large-diaphragm vocal mics, check Rode (NT1, NT2000, etc.) or stuff from Studio Projects. They're generally a cut above the entry-level consumer stuff like MXL or Behringer, but are still well within what many people consider to be the affordable pro-sumer gear level.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Alright I will look into those mics.

I was also wondering if anyone has any tips on getting bands into your studio. Charge and time needed say to record a demo for a band.