Ok, so here's how it goes:

My friend (my drummer) and I are hanging out, right? And upon examining my Ibanez, he says, "Dude, this isn't an acoustic-electric, this is just an acoustic with a mic in it."

I didn't have the patience to argue with him at the time, so i let it go at the time. But later, I start the conversation back up while we're online to prove my point.

So this is how it went (I have placed what my friend said in doubled quote tags to make it easy):

"An electric acoustic guitar is by design an acoustic guitar fitted with pickups, a microphone, or transducers." (http://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Acoustic_electric_guitar)

so i DO have an electric acoustic, because an "acoustic with a mic in it" IS an electric acoustic
i never said ur guitar was eletric acoustic i said u could never have an acoustic electric ive just bee a guitar with a microphone in it and thats not the same

becaues if u add a pickup the sound is processed

and if its a microphone the actual sound of the guitar could never change the "natural sound" if u will....

by design an acoustic electric is defined as an acoustic which has some way to transmit an electric signal. it doesnt matter how. plus, it isnt just a mic in the guitar, theres an active preamp, and EQ in it as well. you were saying it wasnt, im saying it is.
yeah but ur proccessing the sound of the microphone to an EQ sound u still have not natural tone.... its different....

so what would be your definition of an electric acoustic?

a processed sound acoustic guitar.. :P
( )
processed sound acoustic? What are you talking about?
its not the natural sound a guitar makes its messed with caues its got an eq so i doesnt fully sound like ur guitar its sounds just like every other electric guitar...
( )
youve never heard it actually played through the amp, have you? or in my computer?

does not sound like an electric
yeah but it doesnt sound like an full acoustic ..... xD
( AGAIN, )
http://profile. ultimate-guitar. com/jetfuel495/

go there, listen to acoustic piece, and try to tell me that it doesnt sound like a "full acoustic" i didnt use a mic to record that i plugged my acoustic into my computer to record that
no it doesnt it sounds like a processed acoustic guitar its missing the unmistakable lows of an acoustic guitar....

thats cuz i EQd it once i got it on the computer

So Pit, what the **** is he talking about? Am I retarded because I'm not understanding some principle which prevents my guitar from being acoustic, electric, and acoustic/electric? What the **** is my guitar then? What exactly is he trying to say?

tl;dr, friend first says my guitar isn't an acoustic electric, then he says it isn't, then he says it isn't even an acoustic.
I don't even care to read the TL;DR
it really was that pointless
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
agreed massive wall of text not being read here

electric acoustic i think means a guitar with pups and a pre amp or some type

normal acoustic with mic is not an electric acoustic.. its a miced (sp) acoustic?..
Rape.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by brokenpick
agreed massive wall of text not being read here

electric acoustic i think means a guitar with pups and a pre amp or some type

normal acoustic with mic is not an electric acoustic.. its a miced (sp) acoustic?..

nah my acoustic has a mic built into it with an active preamp in it also. look it up on wikipedia.