Page 1 of 4
-I'm not trying to offend anyone with this post, I just heard about this from a stupid kid I know.

This kid I know told me that Dimebag was a racist and that he went to jail for a short amount of time for getting in a fight with an african american. Also he had the confederate flag on many of his stuff so that would add up.

I was just wondering I have no proof, thought the pit might know.

*puts up flame shield*

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
would not surprise me if he was.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

I read somewhere about his wife being a racist she wrote like ****** on some kids thing he wanted signed. He comes of as a bit of a redneck to be honest.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Last edited by volcom_sk8_rock at Dec 15, 2008,
would surprise him if I was.
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
From texas..plays in a southern metal band..youtube pantera rascist statement, phil says a lot of racist **** from the stage.

I don't doubt it. In fact, I would be quite surprised if Dime were not racist.

not trying to knock him. I love his playing and his music.
no, the confederate flag was because he is from Texas, which is in the south.....
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
I read somewhere about his wife being a racist she wrote like ****** on some kids thing thing he wanted signed. He comes of as a bit of a redneck to be honest.

On some kids "thing thing"???
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by tremeloud
On some kids "thing thing"???

woops not penis, made dimes wife look like a ***** (not hard) no offence dime RIP
yeah he hated n1ggers.
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Quote by metaldud536
R.I.P Dimebag

lol someone was bound to say it.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by Lespauljames
he took the secret to mc donalds with him, o wait i love mc donalds so much i got it mixed up with heaven

lol wut?
Quote by slash4114
lol someone was bound to say it.

i hate that,it could be like a video on youtube about something abstract and not related to music and someone posts a rip dimebag comment
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Being from Texas obviously = racist

So yes
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by thefuzz454
Being from Texas obviously = racist

So yes

GO Cowboys!!
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
i don't think that he was. my brother has a recording that he found online of phil and the rest of pantera performing, and at the end he does a big speech AGAINST racism, and really whaling on the people that are racist. also, for reference, Dime and Rita were never legally married, so his wife didn't do anything, because he didn't have a wife.
RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP Dimebag
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Rita looks like a truck stop hooker to be honest (no offence Dime RIP)
Quote by GuitarGuy1994
-I'm not trying to offend anyone with this post, I just heard about this from a stupid kid I know.

This kid I know told me that Dimebag was a racist and that he went to jail for a short amount of time for getting in a fight with an african american. Also he had the confederate flag on many of his stuff so that would add up.

*puts up flame shield*

Getting in a fight with an african american doesn't make you a racist, and unfortunately the confederate flag is now commonly seen as just an act of "rebellion", and is just taken. It's their right to express their opinion, it's not their right to act on it.

Yet, after all this rebuttal, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he was. He seemed to be a nice enough guy, but Rita Halley just comes off like a redneck bitch, and he comes off as a really stereotypical texan, if you know what I mean. And about Rita writing what she did to some fan, if I was that kid, that would be the only time in my life I would ever hit a woman. That's just not something you say. Period. Ever. I don't care what color your skin is.

/my two cents.
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
I read somewhere about his wife being a racist she wrote like ****** on some kids thing he wanted signed. He comes of as a bit of a redneck to be honest.

Dimebag didn't have a wife, myth busted!
Wait.

Do you mean to tell me that a redneck with the Confederate flag on his guitar who was born in 1960's Texas could have been RACIST?

Quote by Kill0rBeKilled
Pictures of dimebag's wife?

He still doesn't have one.
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
Rita looks like a truck stop hooker to be honest (no offence Dime RIP)

Im sure he cant take offense, seeing as how he is dead.

Never liked Dimebag myself, but I have some respect for him like I do for all musicians.

If he IS racist though, then I have lost every ounce of respect I had for him.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
No, he isn't a racist at all.

There's a video on youtube of him and Phil talking from the Monster of Rock show in Moscow from 1991 that adresses this. Phil talks about discouraging the dumbass racists who come to their shows. He also said they see all types of people when they play shows, from blacks to asians.
Quote by tremeloud
GO Cowboys!!

don't you mean "go white people?" i think that's what you meant, racist.
sincerely,
daniel
Quote by GuitarGuy1994

*puts up flame shield*

That right there nullifies any dribble about to come out of the kid's mouth.

It would surprise me if he was, seemed like the nicest mother fucker on God's green earth...
Quote by ghostnineone
Confederate Flag=/=Rascist

+1

I know Phil is but I'm not sure if Dime was or not. I'll go with that he was just a little or he wouldn't put up with Phil as much but I don't think he was extreme with it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by thefuzz454
Being from Texas america obviously = racist

So yes

fixed
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12