Page 2 of 4
Well...

(Pantera - Phil) + David Allen Coe = Rebel Meets Rebel.

David Allen Coe is racist for sure, so I wouldn't doubt it. I really don't see why it would be such a big deal anyway, alot of people are racist. That's just the way the world is, sadly.

EDIT: Confederate Flags mean absolutely nothing. I have some flags and shirts and I
I'm pretty much as far from racist as someone from VA could be. This state is full of slackjawed hicks that use the N word in a derogatory sense roughly 2 or more times per sentence.
Last edited by Chalupacabra at Dec 16, 2008,
He was a devoted fan of KISS....I highly doubt he was racist.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
hello people, confederate flag, their from texas!!

duh, he was racist
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by MusicMan24
hello people, confederate flag, their from texas!!

duh, he was racist

ur smrat
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i remember one time doug (casualty01) laid into some guy in chat who said pantera was a group of racists. so rather than repeat his tirade, take my word for it: not racist.
#DTWD
Quote by Mobroz
Would surprise me if he was.

this

cant remember the song but it was on the same album as walk and its about racism
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Quote by Chalupacabra
Well...

(Pantera - Phil) + David Allen Coe = Rebel Meets Rebel.

David Allen Coe is racist for sure, so I wouldn't doubt it. I really don't see why it would be such a big deal anyway, alot of people are racist. That's just the way the world is, sadly.

EDIT: Confederate Flags mean absolutely nothing. I have some flags and shirts and I
I'm pretty much as far from racist as someone from VA could be. This state is full of slackjawed hicks that use the N word in a derogatory sense roughly 2 or more times per sentence.

this

all of this

every word

except im for louisiana
honestly who cares?
just cause he got in a fight with a black man doesnt make him racist
and the flag was cause he was proud of his southern heritage

not saying he wasnt racist, not saying he was
just saying, 'who cares?'
some of you people are ignorant as f*ck
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
who cares? hes dead, hes not relevant anymore.
I have no opinion on this matter.
i dont think so cause phil was really a racist douche bag but i don recall seeing any videos of dimebag using any racial slurrs.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by metalmanjosip
this

cant remember the song but it was on the same album as walk and its about racism

"Live in a Hole" is the song you're referring to I believe. and also you can't say Dimebags racist just because phil is. I mean nobody blames Slash for the fact that Axls a total prick do they?

and even so I don't believe he was a racist because he was a real nice guy so he probably wouldn't put unfounded hate out on anybody. and theres loads of videos on youtube from a concert they did in South Korea with a mainly asian audience.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
some of you people are ignorant as f*ck

Welcome to The Pit, enjoy your stay....

While this is on Pantera I will say that I hate Phil with a passion. I was at a show with Down opening and I left to get a pretzel because I couldn't stand him anymore. (It was terribly dry, I was distraught.)
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by metaldud536
R.I.P Dimebag

Made me lol.

I don't think it matters. It's not like it's going to affect anything.
Quote by kezzaguy
I know Phil Anselmo is pretty racist, not sure about Dime.

Where did you hear that? I'm not saying he isn't, but seeing as Phil is from New Orleans(if memory serves), I find it hard to believe. This is under the assumption that there are a lot of black people in New Orleans, can't say I know for sure or anything, but that's how its made out to be in media and what not.
Quote by Opeth_Death
Where did you hear that? I'm not saying he isn't, but seeing as Phil is from New Orleans(if memory serves), I find it hard to believe. This is under the assumption that there are a lot of black people in New Orleans, can't say I know for sure or anything, but that's how its made out to be in media and what not.

not to offend anybody this is just my opinion but hanging around with the majority of the blacks in new orleans would drive anyone to be racist

besides you show me a person who claims to not have any racist thoughts ill show you a liar, its human nature. its people who take it to extremes and act on it that are wrong
Quote by dmiwshicldply
not to offend anybody this is just my opinion but hanging around with the majority of the blacks in new orleans would drive anyone to be racist

besides you show me a person who claims to not have any racist thoughts ill show you a liar, its human nature. its people who take it to extremes and act on it that are wrong

About your second little writing, I can completely agree with that. No one is a saint. The first part I can also somewhat agree with, but not specifically to Blacks, just the people who seem to fit every stereotype of their race, those who try for it anyway. I don't have experience around many Black, White, or Asian people, but I live in a predominately Hispanic society. I hate them, my own people, at times, but not to the point that id ever call it racism. I don't think the students here that fit the aforementioned races have trouble getting along here though. They don't seem any special and have as many friends as anyone else, pretty much anyway. Kinda long, sorry.
Quote by Opeth_Death

He's given many white supremacy speeches at concerts....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'm sick of people seriously saying that Texas is racist. I've living in Texas almost all of my entire life and the most racist state I've ever been to is Massachusetts. Yes, Massachusetts, and I've lived in Georgia and been to every other state in the south.
Quote by BladeSlinger
He's given many white supremacy speeches at concerts....

Haha, well I guess he's racist then

Oh well, he's still got a hell of a voice.
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
I read somewhere about his wife being a racist she wrote like ****** on some kids thing he wanted signed. He comes of as a bit of a redneck to be honest.

Yeah there was a thread here on UG and some guy met them and she wrote the n bomb on his cigarette.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Diamond Darrel> Dimebag Darrel

I kind of agree with you

Who do you think would win in a fight? Thin, poofy haired Diamond or slightly larger Dimebage who has more momentum.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Opeth_Death
About your second little writing, I can completely agree with that. No one is a saint. The first part I can also somewhat agree with, but not specifically to Blacks, just the people who seem to fit every stereotype of their race, those who try for it anyway. I don't have experience around many Black, White, or Asian people, but I live in a predominately Hispanic society. I hate them, my own people, at times, but not to the point that id ever call it racism. I don't think the students here that fit the aforementioned races have trouble getting along here though. They don't seem any special and have as many friends as anyone else, pretty much anyway. Kinda long, sorry.

oh i def agree with what your saying but what im trying to say is that the vast majority of the blacks in New Orleans i have ran across can be described in one name:

Lil Wayne

i think thats about as stereotypical as it gets and im not sayong all of them are im just saying that the majority of the ones ive encountered
Why dont they wave the American flag or use that on their guitar? Is it because the want to continue you there little insurgency?
Quote by chrismacker
honestly who cares?
just cause he got in a fight with a black man doesnt make him racist
and the flag was cause he was proud of his southern heritage

not saying he wasnt racist, not saying he was
just saying, 'who cares?'

Southern heritage? What?
Quote by diminishedtobme
Why dont they wave the American flag or use that on their guitar? Is it because the want to continue you there little insurgency?

Southern Pride

I'm assuming you don't live near the south or you would understand. I have no southern pride but I don't think it's wrong.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by tonedeafidiot
I'm sick of people seriously saying that Texas is racist. I've living in Texas almost all of my entire life and the most racist state I've ever been to is Massachusetts. Yes, Massachusetts, and I've lived in Georgia and been to every other state in the south.

How so?

Cause they've got a black governor and this does not fempute.
Quote by diminishedtobme

It's just a symbol of our heratige that's all I take it for and if you trying to make it something it nessicarly isnt that great offends me.

Little insurgency? People in the southern US are the most patriotic people you will find in this entire country, you are the one who is being sterotypical
Quote by diminishedtobme

no its about being proud of where you come from, why dont all highschools and colleges wave the stars and stripes when they play football? is it because they arent proud to be american? no its because they want to specify it further a confederate flag means we are proud to be southern americans the same way a school would be proud to be an american that goes to ________ university
Quote by BladeSlinger
Southern Pride

I'm assuming you don't live near the south or you would understand. I have no southern pride but I don't think it's wrong.

Nah , I live in Florida and I hate seeing these flags around. Id prefer it being an american flag, but there is nothing i can really do until we make it illegal to brandish these vile moincures of anti americanism.
There's nothing wrong with taking pride in a failed secession movement whose whole reason for wanting to secede was that they couldn't keep slaves anymore. Oh wait, it was "states' rights."

Right.
Quote by Pietro Crespi
There's nothing wrong with taking pride in a failed secession movement whose whole reason for wanting to secede was that they couldn't keep slaves anymore. Oh wait, it was "states' rights."

Right.

just like nothing is wrong with you being ignorant and running your mouth about something you didnt understand
Quote by Pietro Crespi

Right.

ok if this is what you think you need to get your ****ing facts right. Slavery wasnt not even close to being the only reason for the civil war, but it had been made the scape goat.
It was an issue, and that's reason enough to make anyone who flies the Confederate Flag a douche.
I'm not even going to argue with some one who's only argument is calling me a douche, and the fact that you registered 3 days ago and is probably just trolling