I finished all my machine shop projects 3 weeks in advance, so my professor brought me some aluminum to keep me busy.

Before:

After:

I'll probably tint them in the summer (its too cold right now) just to match the rest of the black chrome hardware on my hellraiser.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
that looks sick
great guitar btw
reminds me of mine from the back
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
wicked how long did it take
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
nice, isnt the edges sharp though?

ouchies
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148

ouchies

They look deburred to me.... it doesn't take much material to remove sharpness off aluminum. I may be wrong, though.

I want to make a homespun tremol-no... Just to keep the thing quiet but not something like the wood block. Nothing wrong with the wood, though.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
Last edited by Warpo at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by conor1148

ouchies

I made sure every edge was smooth, so that I won't cut myself. Thanks for the comments guys. anyone know how I can achieve an anodized black look?
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
very nice! see if he can get you a block so you can make a trem block. not a blocking mechanism but the actual block on the back of your trem. if you could make a slightly larger one it can help your sustain and tone.
Quote by kasso
I made sure every edge was smooth, so that I won't cut myself. Thanks for the comments guys. anyone know how I can achieve an anodized black look?

Anodize it black? Its not expensive. I know some anodizing shops if you want to get some quotes.
Quote by kasso
anyone know how I can achieve an anodized black look?

Sharpie...
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Quote by jymellis
very nice! see if he can get you a block so you can make a trem block. not a blocking mechanism but the actual block on the back of your trem. if you could make a slightly larger one it can help your sustain and tone.

I'm happy with the Tremol-No. I've gotten a noticeable increase in sustain. plus, i can always unlock it and the FR will function like its not even there.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
Quote by jymellis
not a blocking machanism. the actual BLOCK of metal attached to the bottom of the trem.

http://floydupgrades.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66&zenid=vr2l2t989t0qad4mmfo1ls3b23

It depends on what you're after...

In strict theory (so it could be different on the instrument), the reason why the tremol.no increases sustain is that it helps the vibration to be transferred better to the body of the guitar. The tremolo block vibrates and transfers this vibration through the rod to the body.

The bigger tremolo block, has a similar effect... but when you increase the mass of the vibrating body, you increase the frequency of the transferred vibration and reduce its amplitude. You could end up boosting (or damping) some frequencies and hence affecting your tone. But you're still transferring vibrations through only two posts on the tremolo.

Best way to make use of the wood of the guitar is with a string through fixed bridge.
Noob Grade Gear...
Quote by Warpo
It depends on what you're after...

Best way to make use of the wood of the guitar is with a string through fixed bridge.

but it is already equipped with a floater.
those titanium saddles look really good and the sustain block. but its gonna end up being over $1000
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
Quote by jymellis
but it is already equipped with a floater.

Floaters are overrated.

I blocked mine too.
Noob Grade Gear...
Quote by kasso
those titanium saddles look really good and the sustain block. but its gonna end up being over $1000

thats why i asked if your teacher could get you a block of aluminum. you could make our own oversized block!
i wish. but the semester is over.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead