Yeah, so, I've had several years of piano lessons before I picked up the Bass, and I want to learn to play Bass from sheet music/sight read notes. If anyone has suggestions for learning, or sources for music, I'd appreciate the help.

Note:I don't want tabs. I can read tabs, I want to learn to read notes to bass. I can read music, but have trouble translating from music to bass.

Thanks in advance
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Just learn the basic scales on the bass and then try to think which note you're playing as you play each one (play slow )
i hate to say it (cause i keep denying any use of this book) but my college bass teacher told me to get mel bay's note reading studies for bass so i could bassically (see what i did there? :-P) relearn bass from the start cause i could play quite well but used wrong fingerings, no sight reading, no intervals, etc....and this book takes it slow, starts with the basics that you will be like "oh come on" and you will eventually be like wow im doing something better than i used to.

there was another mel bay book he had me get but thats all arpeggios and stuff which im sure you can figure out from piano and stuff
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
The other two books I'd recommend are Hal Leonard's Bass Method I - III ( in one volume) and Josquin des Pres "Simplified Sight Reading for Bass".
Sweet...yeah, any style, really. Also, I was hoping for some help that did not involve buying a book. I will buy a couple eventually, but I was hoping for some free alternatives to start with.
I have:

You'rer not really going to find any worthwhile source of learning to read music on the net. It's a simple fact. The Mel Bay book is only about $12 and is excellent for learning to sight read. I think most anyone could afford $12. I'm pretty much ultra skint rigith now and I could.
^Actually--he knows how to read bass clef, unless I've read his first post wrong. He's trying to find something to help him relate the sheet music to what he is doing on the fretboard.
Thanks for the responses...I might get a few books, also I'm just playing from music and sightreading songs(slowly), that's really how I learned to read music in the first place.
I have:

just by bass for beginners booklets, or if you can find technique booklets.
its just a matter or time before you get better at it, just practise. everyone finds it hard when they first start