I own a Dean Vendetta 1FR and the pickups on it are not giving me the sound i want. I like to play heavier stuff such as Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold. What pickups would be good for my guitar?
Um.
Well...For the lamb of god, KSE and bullet i'd get emgs
But for the a7x probably use some seymour duncans (which is what they use)
I suggest some seymour duncan active blackouts, They're my first choice and I used to play a similar style (now a lot heavier XD)
Have fun.
The gear.
Schecter S1 Diamond series.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
Dunlop cry-baby wah (finally)
Line 6 spider III 15x (Small but deadly)
What kind of amp do you have? Because it'll be better to get a high gain amp in case you don't have one.
Quote by aznmetalhead93
What kind of amp do you have? Because it'll be better to get a high gain amp in case you don't have one.

Right now i just have a Fender sidekick reverb. Its a piece. I was looking at amps but wouldnt it be cheaper to just get new pickups instead of a new amp? Eventually I will get both but for the time being.
Quote by synfan69
Right now i just have a Fender sidekick reverb. Its a piece. I was looking at amps but wouldnt it be cheaper to just get new pickups instead of a new amp? Eventually I will get both but for the time being.

amp first, u wont notice much difference only with the pickups...
i never really heard what an emg soundedlike until i plugged the guitar into a mesa boggie rectifier n.n
or whetever those amps are called jeje
Quote by synfan69

the pickups are a lot cheaper but they won't make as much difference as a new amp
Quote by synfan69

technically speaking it would be cheaper to get a new set of pickups but good pickups cant compensate for a poor amp whereas a very good amp can compensate for a poor set of pickups

in this case id recommend waiting it out for a new amp rather than trying to put a band aid on a laceration
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
in that amp the pickups wont be enough, normally im all for the changes but that amp will stuggle and the pickups wont help much
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by synfan69

thats ur problem
x3
u cant get heavy with that
The pickups are cheaper, but they won't do you hardly any good with that amp (no offense).

Even though I'm not after the tones you are at all the pickups you want are one of the following:

EMG 81/60 Pair (active)
Seymour Duncan Blackouts (active)
Lace Sensor Drop & Gains (passive)

All three options cost $150+...

For roughly the same kind of money you could get:

A Roland Cube 15X +
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

Try doing this at a local place if you can... Trade in the Sidekick and try to get those two, a 2" cable for between them and a 1 spot power supply for under $200... You should be able to do it. Your tone won't be $100 of what you want it to be, but it'll be a GIANT leap in the right direction...
btw for Avenged tone, go invaders. there are heavy, though noisey. i like them in my cheap ibanez haha
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Ok well what amp should i be looking into then? Im a poor boy so be easy on the money. something under $400 would be alright.
Quote by RadioMuse
The pickups are cheaper, but they won't do you hardly any good with that amp (no offense).

Even though I'm not after the tones you are at all the pickups you want are one of the following:

EMG 81/60 Pair (active)
Seymour Duncan Blackouts (active)
Lace Sensor Drop & Gains (passive)

All three options cost $150+...

For roughly the same kind of money you could get:

A Roland Cube 15X +
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

Try doing this at a local place if you can... Trade in the Sidekick and try to get those two, a 2" cable for between them and a 1 spot power supply for under $200... You should be able to do it. Your tone won't be $100 of what you want it to be, but it'll be a GIANT leap in the right direction...

Sounds like a good idea except i am positive that i am not going to get anything for my amp. It came in a beginner pack that with a Squier guitar and i havent upgraded since so im SOL.
I didn't say you'd get anything for it... If you want to keep your amp in the process go ahead. It'll probably only cost you another $20 at most to keep it. But the deal should still work out to ~$200 and that Boss petal is good for any bigger and better amps you move on to.

I have a similarly priced Boss BD-2 Blues Driver and I'm running into a Fender Evil Twin (100 Watts, all tube, cost me $800 used)... Obviously I play a different kind of music but that should give you a pretty good idea of the quality of petal we're talking about here...
Ok i understand what your saying alright i live right across the street from the store i will try it out tomorrow thanks alot.
Quote by Krzy8
btw for Avenged tone, go invaders. there are heavy, though noisey. i like them in my cheap ibanez haha

terrible advice..

but yes.. get a new amp, pickups will do ****eall with that amp of yours .. get a rolan micro cube as everyone suggested youll be way more pleased ..
Quote by jimithrash

terrible advice..

but yes.. get a new amp, pickups will do ****eall with that amp of yours .. get a rolan micro cube as everyone suggested youll be way more pleased ..

not a microcube those doesn't have EQ.. a 15x or 20x cube would be a LOT better
Peavey Vypry....and to the people suggesting the Cube 15x, that's the crappiest of all because it does not have the good amp models.
Quote by synfan69
I own a Dean Vendetta 1FR and my amp is not giving me the sound i want. I like to play heavier stuff such as Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold. What pickups would be good for my guitar?

Fixed.

this has absolutely nothing to do with your pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com