ok so i tend to get ideas that i think are brilliant only to find out that someone else has already come up with them, or that they wont work, or that theyre not that good of an idea after all.

anyways, i was thinking about the possibility of a glass nut, because glass slides sound amazing on steel strings. has this been done before, or is it a terrible idea?
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
you think it would? hmm. i dont know. if its crafted right i think it would be pretty good, but im not sure what helps or hurts sustain indefinitely.

Quote by Explorerpro

Quote by El Hilliaro

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
probably been done
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Glass is brittle, wouldn't it have a tendancy to chip/develop sharp edges and break strings?
yeah, a glass unt would have to be shaped perfectly. Also, don't plan on using a trem because the string will totally eat it apart. You'd probably end up changing nuts as much as your change strings. worthless, imo. sorry bro. But i think it'd be cool if you gave it a try and see how it sounded =]
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
glass=no

some sort of clear plastic= yes

the glass would get sharp and rape your strings
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
ok i dont think im going to do it. the reason i thought of it was because i was thinking of putting a bigsby trem on my les paul, ad i though that the strings would slide through the gass nut better than the current plastic one. i was alos thinking of ptting locking tuning pegs

like these
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sperzel-3-3-Trim-Lok-Tuning-Machines-361012-i1129890.gc

but i wanted the strings to be floating on entirely new system aka, new tuners, nut saddles, and tailpiece.

i got the idea from seeing a graphite nut, which apparently is well lubricated

Quote by Explorerpro

Quote by El Hilliaro

they make graphite ones that are pretty nice. how about plexiglass instead of lead or crystal glass?
if you can, give it a try

worst thatll happen is you cut off that pesky pinky
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."