im a novice at guitar and i suk! been playn for a few months trying to teach myself but cant find many full songs i can play, any sugestions, im currently going through all greenday and blink 182 songs any other good bands and or songs? peferrably picking or power chords songs still working on my chords
Quote by Mighty-Mayo
im a novice at guitar and i suk! been playn for a few months trying to teach myself but cant find many full songs i can play, any sugestions, im currently going through all greenday and blink 182 songs any good bands( bands which aren't pop punk ) and or songs? peferrably picking or power chords songs still working on my chords

Far beyond the Sun all beginners can play it
Try some Nirvana as well. Powerchords in just about every song, and simple picking patterns in songs like Come As You Are.
Hmmm...try enter sandman. First song I've ever learnt. Just skip the solo and wait till you're good enough for it.
Do some three days grace songs.
The rhythm guitars to riot, never too late, animal i have become and home, are pretty simple to play, just they are in a different tuning.

When you first learning guitar, tuning isnt that important as you dont really know what your doing, so for now just learn the actual song
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
america - horse with no name.

2 chords - each with only 2 fingers. good for getting rhythm patterns together and there is a good lesson on it over at guitar noise in the easy songs for beginners section... along with about 20 other songs to progress through.

dunc
Thank you please.
nirvana as mentioned is really good beginner stuff and will teach you changes and timing. green day, alot of pantera rhyhtms are pretty easy, usually to notes like the song walk. acdc has some really beginer friendly stuff.
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Static X - Destroyer (Super easy)
CHECK OUT MY METAL BLOG: Metal Mouth

ESP LTD MH-400NT
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson RX10D Rhoads
Ebony Epiphone LP Standard
Taylor Big Baby acoustic
Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall 1960a
Boss MT-2
Boss TU-2
Ibanez TS9
Quote by Aurigo
Do some three days grace songs.
The rhythm guitars to riot, never too late, animal i have become and home, are pretty simple to play, just they are in a different tuning.

When you first learning guitar, tuning isnt that important as you dont really know what your doing, so for now just learn the actual song

just to clarify that.. if a song is in drop tuning u should at least learn to tune to drop d, cause it'll sound horrible trying to play barre power chords in standard tuning
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
with that said, if you can tune to drop d.. i just posted this in another thread..

Quote by vartanspartan
Scars on Broadway - They Say

The whole song is 4 powerchords played over and over. (except for one part where it changes a little and there's one more powerchord) The "solo" (if you can even call it that) is only one note played a bunch of times. It took me a few minutes to learn.. it's really easy. (It's in drop c# but drop d is fine if u don't wanna do drop c#)
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Van Halen's "Runnin' with the Devil" is pretty, easy and it's got an easy, yet great sounding solo.
Disturbed's "Haunted" is also another great sounding soung that is easy, as long as you can tune your guitar into Drop D and done half a step, which by the way is (C# G# C# F# A# D#)
C# being the lowest string and D# being highest string.
Good Luck dude!
Steve Vai's, "Eugene's Trickbag" from the movie, "Crossroads" is a great instrumental song to learn. Don't worry about playing it up to speed, that will come much later, its just a great shred song that sounds good slow as well as fast.
Quote by ehlert99
No wild thing?

Wild Thang Rules!
R.I.P Kurt Cobain
1967 - 1994.

Also a really big Metallica Junkie .

"I'm sure if Hendrix was alive to hear you today he would laugh and pump 50 Watts of Purple Haze into your Ass."
Breaking the law by judas priest is very simple, its just power chords
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
back in black- acdc is pretty easy
my guitars:
~Epiphone: Zakk wylde- custom bullseye
~Dean cadillac select
~JACKSON: JS30-RR-RANDY RHOADS
~epiphone: Les Paul Special-II
~crestwood: acoustic electric
~rogue: acoustic guitar
~Kay: electric Guitar strat body style (my 1st guitar)
okey first, A Beautiful Lie by 30 seconds to mars, second is Polly by Nirvana then Anarchey in the uk by Sex pistols
Don't let the days go by.....

glycerine
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
overrated by less than jake. first song i ever learned haha. then i learned fat lip by sum 41 and some of system of a downs stuff is really simple. aerials (save for the clean parts) should be easy but fun for a beginner to play. also the rhythm part to free by powerman 5000 is really easy.