Page 1 of 2
Does anyone from brisbane know an esp dealer on the northside or close to the cbd?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Billy Hyde stock ESPs if I'm not mistaken, if you haven't tried there already?
Try down Ramsay Street mate.

Sorry had to do that. Used to love Neighbours in the 80s. Get an Ormsby guitar instead
Quote by soulflyV
ಠ_ಠ

The Ramsay Street you're thinking of isn't even in Queensland.

ಠ_ಠ

this.

and slightly off topic, do you prefer soulfly, sepultura or cavalera conspiracy?
Quote by soulflyV
Haven't listened to Soulfly or Sepultura in a long while, but it's hard to choose.

I really should check out Cavalera Conspiracy.

yes, it is a good album. Definitely worth getting imo.
Can we get an opinion on whether Billy Hyde/Allan's are any good?
Billy Hydes are utter legends. Not many ESP's in there last time I looked though....

Alan's are a bunch of gimps. Impolite, don't care, just want money.

Go check out www.guitar.com.au
They're on the Gold Coast and stock nearly everything. Probably gonna have to order what you want in as they don't have much IN store.

Ellaways are pretty woeful with ordering stuff in as well.
I was in there not THAT long ago, swear I saw some ESPs, I love BillyHyde they even have a few Matons floating around.
Allans doesn't stock ESP's, but if you want to travel a bit further, try Music Express near Garden City and ANZ/QE II Stadium, Mt Gravatt. They've got them.
Allans are crap EDIT. So are music express.

bmusic.com.au have pretty good pricing but aren't local.

Got my LTD from Ellaways and got it replaced 3 times before I ended up with one that didn't have a badly warped neck. All in the matter of about 2-3 weeks from time of order to guitar number 3.

Haven't seen an LTP or ESP in there since.
"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard -
Last edited by Madhat1032 at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by Magero
Billy Hydes are utter legends. Not many ESP's in there last time I looked though....

Alan's are a bunch of gimps. Impolite, don't care, just want money.

Go check out www.guitar.com.au
They're on the Gold Coast and stock nearly everything. Probably gonna have to order what you want in as they don't have much IN store.

Ellaways are pretty woeful with ordering stuff in as well.

yeah go there
i love that place
kk thanks for your help. yeh ive been to guitar.com.au but i was looking for something a little closer by, i'll probably head down there sometime soon though.
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Allans = waaaay overexpensive, and stock aobut three different types of guitars. I think I saw that really expensive Gretsch there today though when I was buying strings... I know the name but I burnt it out of my memory so I wouldnt be sad every time i remembered the price...

Try Arties or Ellaway's, near Chermside.

Or If you want HardXXcore Ferny Grove/Mitchie scum territory northside, try Mau Music =]
I only live down the road, duck in and say hi!

EDIT: Dont go to Ellaway's. They are rubbish and the whole place is run by elitist assholes.
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
^The White Falcon? 'cos i saw that in there today. ill have to go check out billy hyde, sounds pretty good.
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
Damn, I'm coming to Brisbane next year so this is of relevance to me.

Not to threadjack, but how easy is it to get weed up there and are there any decent punk bands? Okay, I threadjacked.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
F*cking metalcore. I guess that does mean I'm not gonna be short of singer gigs though. And from what I hear, Brisbane is the birthplace of progressive grunge so I reckon I'll be OK.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Singer/guitarist in a perfect world. But given that I'm an average guitarist at best, I tend to get a lot more singing gigs than guitar. I want to start my own band eventually though.
Quote by Cathbard
this thread is now the thread of all brisbanites! no we are not brisbanians
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
I'm taking this all in. Is it easy to get fake IDs or do I have to get those in Sydney first? Cause I'm going to uni up there, but I'm not 18 till August.
Quote by Cathbard
Nah, just to buy alcohol and get into R18 gigs.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
Nah, just to buy alcohol and get into R18 gigs.

Ahh well, just get in Sydney anyway. Make sure it looks legit as possible, though.

You can get fined around $2500 IIRC for holding a fake ID. And bottle-os ask for ID for anyone that looks under 25 now, so you'll probably be using it a lot.

As for me, I'll be able to do that legally in about 27 days
lol yeh i hate when people, usually on tv, pronounce it brisbayne. 27 days lucky you ive still got a year and two months
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
24 days for me
Co-President of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Me, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by soulflyV
Stealin' mah thunder bitch

I'm sorry baby. Don't worry young whippersnapper, I'll have a drink for you on the 11th
Co-President of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Me, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.
I turn into the Blackout Menace when drunk. Seriously, I find I do a lot of sh*t when hammered that I very much regret the next day, like sleeping with my best mate's fatarse girlfriend.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
I turn into the Blackout Menace when drunk. Seriously, I find I do a lot of sh*t when hammered that I very much regret the next day, like sleeping with my best mate's fatarse girlfriend.

Two heinous crimes in one

All that happens to me is I end up talking shit to everyone about random crap, and occasionally making a few slanderous remarks about the jews.

Although I remember the first time I got wasted I thought I was a cow and ate some grass and this chick rode me around the yard.
Page 1 of 2