i was wondering how hard it would be to do this ? can i do it myself?(ive never did wiring before) or should i take it to a tech? if so how much would it be? and what sound differnence is there when the humbuckers slanted like the single coil compared to it being straight?
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell
i think this is in the wrong forum, but i'll help anyway:

1) Not that hard, what kind of guitar do you have? If its a strat style, check under the pickguard; you may have a guitar that is routed for a humbucker already, in which case all you'd need is to get a new pickguard.
2) Wiring isn't that hard, there are plenty of instructional videos showing how to do it, plus it doesn't hurt to learn.
3) iono bout the slanted humbuckers.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
To put a new one in you need to use a router to enlarge the hole and buy a new pickguard. The wiring isn't that hard.
its a 2008 american standard fender stratocaster
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell
^ Some Strat's are router HSH, so there may be space for a humbucker, as mentioned above.

TS, you would need a new pickguard to accommodate the larger size of the humbucker, or atleast, you would need to be able to cut the pickguard you have already. Buying one is probably a better option. Slanting the pickup probably won't make much of a difference to your overall tone, you may find some strings are slightly bassier or have more treble than if it were straight, but there is a negligible difference.

If you have a soldering iron, some solder, and can follow a wiring diagram, you can do this yourself without much trouble. If you think yourself not capable of that, a tech will be able to overcharge you for this simple service, but you can be guaranteed that they will produce a working product.
The easyest way to put a humbucker in your strat is to sell it, and buy an SG or a Les Paul :-P The sound will be a ton better, believe me
Quote by skynyrd_69
its a 2008 american standard fender stratocaster

Then you'll need to route the body, or go for a stacked humbucker which is the same size as a single,.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
aren't americans already routed for hsh?

and buy a new pickguard...rather than possibly butchering the current one.
yo.

I BELIEVE
why didn't you buy an hss strat ???
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Yea my older brothers 2007 American Strat is routed for a HSH setup already. I don't Know about yours, but you the first post pretty much nailed the way to do it.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.