My friend's church, which is fairly notorious for harboring terrible people who use the fact that they attend church as an excuse to be... well terrible people, is having an event called "Homeless for the Holidays".

What they're doing is the youth group is going to be sleeping outside of the church for the night of the 20th in order to "help bring awareness to homeless this holiday season".

When I heard about this, I asked if they were going to actually be doing anything to help the homeless or are they essentially just camping out for a night and my friend got pissed saying that I'm always trying to start **** about his church.

I just sorta laughed when he said this. The youth group at his church goes around vandalizing buildings and cars, and on dozens of occasions kids have been caught making out or even having sex INSIDE the church.

This is exactly why there's so many people who dislike Christianity.

{What's this thread about again?)
Well, just like in Jaws, if they know there's a massive fucking shark why do they keep going into the water?

DON'T GO INTO THE WATER KIDS.
RULE BRITANNIA
Nope.
Seems like you're pretty on point to me.
Not missing anything at all.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
room in the church should be offered up and the youth group should cook them dinner, get the homeless out of the cold and the youths can go back to their houses...that would make more sense
People still go to church these days?
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Quote by epptron
room in the church should be offered up and the youth group should cook them dinner, get the homeless out of the cold and the youths can go back to their houses...that would make more sense

That would make a lot more sense. Sleeping outside isn't helping anyone, feeding them and showing support does.
RULE BRITANNIA
We did that before in my university. It helps to raise awareness and we got lots of clothes and money from it.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by PleasantStreets
It raises awareness, it's quite popular with University students.

what having sex in church
Yea, I've heard from a mate of mine about how church youth groups here tend to not really do anything constructive and just screw around doing pointless stuff, which does defeat the purpose of church really. He says they some kids turn up to "youth advice" night just to get free food and drink, and they tag on the walls and stuff. Then I'm a bad person because I don't believe in welfare for people that are fully capable of working in at least a part time job. Riiiight.....
Any church that has youth ministry explicitly labled a "youth group" or that employes someone who is solely a "youth pastor/minister/etc" is a bad church IMO. Thems is just the signs of ol' fashioned brain washin' & indoctrination.

I mean it's not like a kid can really make a spiritual decision like that, exposing him/her to youthspecific ministry is like McDonalds marketing its bull**** at kids, we can't blame them for adults because they should no better, but you can't blame little kids for wanting that happy meal.
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
They'll never manage, you need to be wasted to sleep outside a church. (there's no alcohol involved is there?)
Quote by Ur all $h1t
We did that before in my university. It helps to raise awareness and we got lots of clothes and money from it.

Raise awareness of what? That homeless people are homeless?

And why were you getting clothes and money from it?
Quote by mrcrono

I just sorta laughed when he said this. The youth group at his church goes around vandalizing buildings and cars, and on dozens of occasions kids have been caught making out or even having sex INSIDE the church.

alleluia I'm saved
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
That would make a lot more sense. Sleeping outside isn't helping anyone, feeding them and showing support does.

Sleeping outside could help the homeless if they got people to sponsor them to sleep outside. They could raise some money, and donate it to a charity that helps homeless people.
Quote by mrcrono
Raise awareness of what? That homeless people are homeless?

And why were you getting clothes and money from it?

Raise awareness of homelessness. You don't see many homeless people on a university campus and having to walk by us everyday reminded people that the problem exists.

People donated clothes and money to us.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Raise awareness of homelessness. You don't see many homeless people on a university campus and having to walk by us everyday reminded people that the problem exists.

People donated clothes and money to us.

... to give to the homeless?
Quote by mrcrono
... to give to the homeless?

Obviously

-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington