alright guys, here's my problem

i have windows XP (no idea what service pack, not really bothered tbh) and want to edit video's ive filmed with my phone (nokia N95-8GB) but they are in MPG4 format.
windows movie maker wont let me open them to edit the videos so thus have to upload them to youtube in their basic format. bad times...

now given the current credit problems i don't have enough money to go out and buy a mac otherwise i would.

so can anybody reccomend me some good software that is compatible with MPG4 videos. cost really isn't an issue with that as torrent websites will help me out.

just a case of helping me find some good quality video editing software.

thanks in advance.
adobe final cut pro or premiere

or something that will convert the files into the format you want
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Last edited by cuthbertg at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by cuthbertg

A lots of learning will be required for these bad boys... But once you got the basics they become very useful tools.
also, make sure you have a fast enough PC and a big enough hard drive because they will eat them like a hog!

Your best bet would be convert the file into windows movie maker compatible format and go with it from there. I think VirtualDub should be able to read your file.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by cuthbertg

since when does adobe make a version of final cut? that's an apple program....
Quote by uctlaum01
since when does adobe make a version of final cut? that's an apple program....

I dunno dude I was just giving the guy some terms to google with until you guys in the know came along

*runs away*
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
sony vegas is simple and can handle that format well
but seriously get a better thing to catch video
DV IS YOUR FRIEND
Dick+strings= owww
I use Sony vegas, Adobe Premiere, and Avid Xpress. I've also had some practice with FCP.
All are great but most are overkill and expensive.

I suggest Sony Vegas. The lower end ones should work for you. You could also try a converter program.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 16, 2008,
^ +1 Vegas Video ftw
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28