So I've thought of an idea. Wireless systems are usually something like £100 right? So wouldn't it be great if you could make a much cheaper version!
So I figured that they're basically FM transmitters (going by a thread I read on here saying that all the frequencies were being taken up) and a receiver. So couldn't you do the same thing by just connecting an FM transmitter to your guitar (you know, the ones you get for your car so you can listen to your MP3 player), then get your radio (a good one) to receive it, then connect that to you amp via the headphone jack on the radio and a 1/4" cable?
You'd need a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter for the transmitter to go in the guitar jack of course and a 1/4" to 1/8" one depending on your radio.

In short: Guitar > FM transmitter > Radio > Amp

Would this work?
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
hmmmm, yeah suppose. I think I'll just try it out sometime, I'm pretty sure my dad has an FM transmitter.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
wireless units are notorious for their tone-sucking
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
+1, Guitar signals need to see high impedance and output to the amp with a very low impedance otherwise you loose a lot of tone. This is not a problem for radio's, voice etc.etc. which FM Tx/Rx are designed for. The guitar wireless units are designed in this fashion (and are still accused of tone sucking) as well and having a bunch of additional features that standard wireless wouldn't need in terms of noise immunity, high linearity/low distortion (the distortion a standard transmitter would make is not the good kind!!).