I was browsing some local guitar websites trying to find a nice strat. The cheapest I found was a standard USA strat for $900 but then I came across this. It seems too, un-straty if you can say so. The pickups are really good and it has a nice trem. the knobs are also oddly placed and the headstock is a lot different to other strats.

http://www.pksmusic.com.au/showProduct/Guitars/Right+Hand+Guitars/FJSC

Pics:

My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
is it even a fender? do fenders have a factor in japan??

and this is a "strat" not a "stratocaster"

and those cuts in the body and neck heels, fender doesnt do those.

and i have never heard of the tremolo manufacturer

and the site doesnt tell you anything about the guitar really (wood, pickups....)

i would say stay away.
You guys wanna have some group sex?
well fender certainly made Heavy metal strats in the 80's and a lot were made in japan but thats all i can say
buy it, if its not sue them for selling a fake and then get the moolah
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I think you could see from a mile away it's not a Fender Stratocaster. The name says it all - it's "Strat", perhaps not a bad copy, but defo not genuine.
That is either a heavy metal strat made by Fender or a fake of one.

Those are pics of a real one.

It looks good to me
It's legit. Go for it.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Yep, it's good. And pretty cool as well.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
That guitar actually looks pretty cool (except for that disgusting decal on the headstock...they should have just gone for the classic "Fender Stratocaster" in the normal Fender font). I'd go for it.
Go for it, it's real.

I have been looking everywhere for one of those.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Go for it!
It's one of Fenders own superstrats. And who cares if it's really a Fender if its a good guitar?
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
I have the same guitar. What you have is a GENUINE Fender HM Strat from around 1988-1990. It is a nice guitar for hard rock/metal. If it is a real Fender model, it should have DiMarzio Super Distortion humbucker w/ coil tap toggle switch, and 2 singles. Kahler Spyder tremelo, 24 frets, sculpted heel and body, Gotoh tuners.
From what I can see, that is what you have. A 1988-1990 import (Japan) HM Strat should run you $300-$400 US
1966 Harmony H-14 Bobkat
1974 Ibanez Les Paul Custom 2350
1980 Ibanez BL-300NT Blazer
1987 Fender Stratocaster 72' RI Pink Paisley
1990 Fender HM Strat
1996 Fender Stratocaster Fat Strat
1998 Epiphone Sheraton II
Go for it, looks amazing
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Looks almost exactly like my BC Rich :P

Anyway, if it IS anything like my BC Rich (which also had a Kahler Spyder) I'd buy it. NOW.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
My guitar teacher has it,it's the one of the original super strats made in the 80'.....you're lucky if you can get one them
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
I forgot about those! I dislike Strats as a rule but IMHO those were some of the best Strats Fender ever made. When I first saw one I too thought it was a fake and passed on it later after checking it out I saw they were made but by that time it was already sold.

John
damn ive never seen such a strat...but ive heard of them...my dad used to own one but he sold it cause he wanted a regular "real" strat...damn thats an interesting guitar...not my style though
It's an old "HM" strat from the 1980's. For $1,000, if you play anything like they did in the 80's(not including Stevie Ray, if you play like him you'll want a normal strat like me. ), get it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54